Chris Pine: 'Star Trek 2' Won't Be Like Batman, Will Have Comedic Elements
Chris Pine recently took time to discuss the highly secretive sequel to "Star Trek". Without revealing plot details of the anticipated movie, the James T. Kirk depicter shared director J.J. Abrams' vision for the film. He claimed that the filmmaker didn't aim to follow the footsteps of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, which was presented in the pitch of "like the original, but darker."
Speaking to Total Film, Pine dished that "Star Trek 2" would feature comedic element rather than straight-faced retake. "We're not making Batman. That's not our deal," he said. "There's comedy, which I think J.J. does a great job of, but, like the first one, there's some serious issues being dealt with. And I'd say the threat is even greater in this one."
Speaking about what challenges the USS Enterprise crew might face in the sequel, Pine said, "The force [the Enterprise crew] are met with is much more frightening. It's relentlessly action-packed and in terms of character development it goes places you'd never expect." He revealed, "The arc is huge for all the characters. It's a really big story - I can't hype it enough!"
The untitled Star Trek sequel still keeps its plot details under very tight wraps. It is slated for a May 17, 2013 release in the United States with Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho returning as Spock, Uhura, Bones, Pavel, Scotty and Hikaru Sulu respectively.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'