Chris Pine: 'Star Trek 2' Won't Be Like Batman, Will Have Comedic Elements
Chris Pine recently took time to discuss the highly secretive sequel to "Star Trek". Without revealing plot details of the anticipated movie, the James T. Kirk depicter shared director J.J. Abrams' vision for the film. He claimed that the filmmaker didn't aim to follow the footsteps of Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, which was presented in the pitch of "like the original, but darker."
Speaking to Total Film, Pine dished that "Star Trek 2" would feature comedic element rather than straight-faced retake. "We're not making Batman. That's not our deal," he said. "There's comedy, which I think J.J. does a great job of, but, like the first one, there's some serious issues being dealt with. And I'd say the threat is even greater in this one."
Speaking about what challenges the USS Enterprise crew might face in the sequel, Pine said, "The force [the Enterprise crew] are met with is much more frightening. It's relentlessly action-packed and in terms of character development it goes places you'd never expect." He revealed, "The arc is huge for all the characters. It's a really big story - I can't hype it enough!"
The untitled Star Trek sequel still keeps its plot details under very tight wraps. It is slated for a May 17, 2013 release in the United States with Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg and John Cho returning as Spock, Uhura, Bones, Pavel, Scotty and Hikaru Sulu respectively.
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves