PETA Calls Rihanna and Lady GaGa 'Freaks' for Wearing Animals
PETA has launched a verbal attack against Rihanna and Lady GaGa for including animal products in their fashion. The animal rights organization called the singers "freaks" after they spotted Rihanna wearing a pair of knee-high snakeskin boots and GaGa wearing "turncoat".
"Rihanna may not have a clue that snakes killed for boots are often nailed to a tree and skinned alive," a spokesperson for PETA said in a statement, adding, "Of course, they can't go on Oprah to cry about it."
The org continued, "Wearing reptile skin is creepy and callous, and it makes her look even more out of touch. She and Lady GaGa seem so desperate to be freaks instead of recognized for their talents that you have to wonder if they realize that they are being laughed at."
While Rihanna remains mum, GaGa has responded to PETA's earlier criticism against her by saying the org runs "violent" and "childish" campaigns.
More Rihanna News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival