PETA Calls Rihanna and Lady GaGa 'Freaks' for Wearing Animals
PETA has launched a verbal attack against Rihanna and Lady GaGa for including animal products in their fashion. The animal rights organization called the singers "freaks" after they spotted Rihanna wearing a pair of knee-high snakeskin boots and GaGa wearing "turncoat".
"Rihanna may not have a clue that snakes killed for boots are often nailed to a tree and skinned alive," a spokesperson for PETA said in a statement, adding, "Of course, they can't go on Oprah to cry about it."
The org continued, "Wearing reptile skin is creepy and callous, and it makes her look even more out of touch. She and Lady GaGa seem so desperate to be freaks instead of recognized for their talents that you have to wonder if they realize that they are being laughed at."
While Rihanna remains mum, GaGa has responded to PETA's earlier criticism against her by saying the org runs "violent" and "childish" campaigns.
More Rihanna News
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?