PETA Calls Rihanna and Lady GaGa 'Freaks' for Wearing Animals
PETA has launched a verbal attack against Rihanna and Lady GaGa for including animal products in their fashion. The animal rights organization called the singers "freaks" after they spotted Rihanna wearing a pair of knee-high snakeskin boots and GaGa wearing "turncoat".
"Rihanna may not have a clue that snakes killed for boots are often nailed to a tree and skinned alive," a spokesperson for PETA said in a statement, adding, "Of course, they can't go on Oprah to cry about it."
The org continued, "Wearing reptile skin is creepy and callous, and it makes her look even more out of touch. She and Lady GaGa seem so desperate to be freaks instead of recognized for their talents that you have to wonder if they realize that they are being laughed at."
While Rihanna remains mum, GaGa has responded to PETA's earlier criticism against her by saying the org runs "violent" and "childish" campaigns.
More Rihanna News
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris