PETA Calls Rihanna and Lady GaGa 'Freaks' for Wearing Animals
PETA has launched a verbal attack against Rihanna and Lady GaGa for including animal products in their fashion. The animal rights organization called the singers "freaks" after they spotted Rihanna wearing a pair of knee-high snakeskin boots and GaGa wearing "turncoat".
"Rihanna may not have a clue that snakes killed for boots are often nailed to a tree and skinned alive," a spokesperson for PETA said in a statement, adding, "Of course, they can't go on Oprah to cry about it."
The org continued, "Wearing reptile skin is creepy and callous, and it makes her look even more out of touch. She and Lady GaGa seem so desperate to be freaks instead of recognized for their talents that you have to wonder if they realize that they are being laughed at."
While Rihanna remains mum, GaGa has responded to PETA's earlier criticism against her by saying the org runs "violent" and "childish" campaigns.
More Rihanna News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special