Gerard Butler-Starring Action Drama 'Motor City' Halted
One month away from its production, action drama "Motor City" is put on the shelves until the film's backers could settle the schedule. Directed by Albert Hughes and starring Gerard Butler, Mickey Rourke and Adrien Brody, "Motor City" will not start production on September 17.
Per Deadline, problem lies in the time Emmett/Furla Films, Envision Entertainment and Mark Damon's Foresight has for post-production. They realized that from September 17 start date to the release date set by Warner Bros., they only have 12 weeks of post-production. However, the picture is not canceled entirely.
"Faced with the realities of a very short post-production schedule and complicated visual and special effects, the producers have decided to push back production on Albert Hughes' Motor City," a spokesperson for the producers and financiers said. "We are dedicated to delivering top-tier productions such as 2 Guns starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg which is currently in production and Peter Berg's Lone Survivor which is in pre-production. The circumstances surrounding this project made it impossible to meet the firm March 31st delivery date without compromising the quality of the film."
Emmett/Furla Films, Envision Entertainment and Foresight will have to work out new schedule with the cast, crew and filmmaker. Crew have been sent home following the pre-production.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2