Maria Sharapova No Longer Engaged to Sasha Vujacic
Tennis sweetheart Maria Sharapova and fiance Sasha Vujacic have called off their engagement. In a press confrence after U.S. Open match on Friday, August 31, Sharapova said they are no longer together and she has been waiting for someone to ask about it.
"It's been since the end of spring. I was waiting for someone to actually ask me that question," the 25-year-old said, adding "It was a really nice period of time for both of us, but our career schedules just made it extremely difficult to see each other with the traveling."
Vujacic, a professional basketball player, is now playing for Turkey. He proposed to her back in 2010 with a $250,000 engagement ring but there was no formal announcement.
During the press conference, Sharapova said, "I have never really been the person to announce things. I never announced when we were together or never announced we were engaged. I never have in any of my previous relationships, as well."
She continued, "We have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. I still would love to call him a friend. We spent really great years together."
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt