Maria Sharapova No Longer Engaged to Sasha Vujacic
Tennis sweetheart Maria Sharapova and fiance Sasha Vujacic have called off their engagement. In a press confrence after U.S. Open match on Friday, August 31, Sharapova said they are no longer together and she has been waiting for someone to ask about it.
"It's been since the end of spring. I was waiting for someone to actually ask me that question," the 25-year-old said, adding "It was a really nice period of time for both of us, but our career schedules just made it extremely difficult to see each other with the traveling."
Vujacic, a professional basketball player, is now playing for Turkey. He proposed to her back in 2010 with a $250,000 engagement ring but there was no formal announcement.
During the press conference, Sharapova said, "I have never really been the person to announce things. I never announced when we were together or never announced we were engaged. I never have in any of my previous relationships, as well."
She continued, "We have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. I still would love to call him a friend. We spent really great years together."
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC