Maria Sharapova No Longer Engaged to Sasha Vujacic
Tennis sweetheart Maria Sharapova and fiance Sasha Vujacic have called off their engagement. In a press confrence after U.S. Open match on Friday, August 31, Sharapova said they are no longer together and she has been waiting for someone to ask about it.
"It's been since the end of spring. I was waiting for someone to actually ask me that question," the 25-year-old said, adding "It was a really nice period of time for both of us, but our career schedules just made it extremely difficult to see each other with the traveling."
Vujacic, a professional basketball player, is now playing for Turkey. He proposed to her back in 2010 with a $250,000 engagement ring but there was no formal announcement.
During the press conference, Sharapova said, "I have never really been the person to announce things. I never announced when we were together or never announced we were engaged. I never have in any of my previous relationships, as well."
She continued, "We have a tremendous amount of respect for each other. I still would love to call him a friend. We spent really great years together."
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake