Stevie Wonder Apologizes for Saying Frank Ocean Was 'Confused'
Stevie Wonder admitted that he did not know better when making a comment about Frank Ocean's sexual orientation. The "Superstition" singer apologized for saying Ocean was "confused" when he came forward with the truth of loving a man for the first time.
"I think honestly, some people who think they're gay, they're confused," said Wonder in an interview with Guardian. "People can misconstrue closeness for love. People can feel connected, they bond. I'm not saying all [gay people are confused]. Some people have a desire to be with the same sex. But that's them."
In a statement to The Advocate, Wonder clarified this, saying "I'm sorry that my words about anyone feeling confused about their love were misunderstood. No one has been a greater advocate for the power of love in this world than I; both in my life and in my music. Clearly, love is love, between a man and a woman, a woman and a man, a woman and a woman and a man and a man."
He continued, "What I'm not confused about is the world needing much more love, no hate, no prejudice, no bigotry and more unity, peace and understanding. Period."
More Stevie Wonder News
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick