Stevie Wonder Apologizes for Saying Frank Ocean Was 'Confused'
Stevie Wonder admitted that he did not know better when making a comment about Frank Ocean's sexual orientation. The "Superstition" singer apologized for saying Ocean was "confused" when he came forward with the truth of loving a man for the first time.
"I think honestly, some people who think they're gay, they're confused," said Wonder in an interview with Guardian. "People can misconstrue closeness for love. People can feel connected, they bond. I'm not saying all [gay people are confused]. Some people have a desire to be with the same sex. But that's them."
In a statement to The Advocate, Wonder clarified this, saying "I'm sorry that my words about anyone feeling confused about their love were misunderstood. No one has been a greater advocate for the power of love in this world than I; both in my life and in my music. Clearly, love is love, between a man and a woman, a woman and a man, a woman and a woman and a man and a man."
He continued, "What I'm not confused about is the world needing much more love, no hate, no prejudice, no bigotry and more unity, peace and understanding. Period."
More Stevie Wonder News
- Shia LaBeouf Rips Drake, Lil Yachty and More in New Freestyle
- Jennifer Lawrence Reveals Why She Thinks She's a Curse to Hawaiians
- First Footage of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveils Spidey's Classic Web Wings
- Billy Bob Thornton Wants to Reunite With Angelina Jolie Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Katie Holmes Finally Addresses Her 'Secret Relationship' With Jamie Foxx
- Watch Jessie J Writhe Around in 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' Video
- Kate McKinnon and T.J. Miller Go Wild in New 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- New 'The Walking Dead' Photo Teases Graphic Scene for Carl in 'Sing Me a Song'