Obama and Celebrities React to Clint Eastwood's Speech to Empty Seat
Clint Eastwood's speech to an empty seat on the stage of the Republican National Convention Thursday night, August 30 caused a buzz on Twitter. President Barack Obama along with some celebrities in Hollywood shared their thoughts on the matter.
Academy Award-winning Eastwood sent tongues wagging when he criticized Obama about his policies by talking to an empty chair before Mitt Romney took the stage to accept his nomination. "When somebody does not do the job, we got to let them go," the director said at one point.
Mr. President, in his response, poked fun at Eastwood by tweeting, "This seat's taken" along with a picture of his sitting on a chair tagged with "The President" nameplate. Adam Levine wrote, "Clint Eastwood has gone f***in nutterbutters yo." Roseanne Barr added, "Clint eastwood is CRAY."
George Takei commented, "Clint Eastwood's RNC speech was to imaginary Obama in an empty chair. I'm drafting a DNC speech to imaginary Romney in an empty factory." Another unfavorable feedback came from Bill Maher, "Wow. Who knew Clint Eastwood was such a down the line rightwing a**hole?"
Snoop Dogg was not impressed either, "I love eastwood. But on some real s*** he need 2 sit his old a** down! That s*** was funny talking 2 a chair! He need to b n a wheelchair!" Simon Pegg gave another jab, "Maybe Clint is a sleeper agent for the Democrats sent in under deep cover to make the Republicans look stupid. No wait, that's Romney."
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand