First Official Look at Chris Pine as Young Jack Ryan
Paramount Pictures has officially uncovered a very first look at Chris Pine as young Jack Ryan in the Kenneth Branagh-directed movie. Oozing masculinity in a long-sleeved black shirt, denims and leather boots, Pine is featured storming the Manhattan streets on a sporty Ducati motorbike.
This Pine-starring untitled Jack Ryan project is an adaptation of Tom Clancy's famous novel series, which follow the titular character in his 20s when he came out of the Marines to work in the finance world. The project was previously put on hold reportedly due to creative differences between Pine, Paramount execs and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
Director Branagh recently dubbed his version of Jack Ryan "a great anti-thesis." He told Collider, "I don't tend to think of him as a villain, but if you're playing a villain, you don't think of him as a villain. You just think, 'My Guy.' The character is a great anti-thesis, but it isn't as simple as that."
"It's great to see a character in this film with Jack Ryan," he continued. "It's just a very strong, very interesting, complicated, complex character. When the project first came my way, it was really to do that."
Scheduled to be released in the U.S. on Christmas Day in 2013, the "Jack Ryan" movie also stars Keira Knightley as the titular character's leading lady, and Branagh himself as the antagonist.
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts This Sweet Picture to Wish Scott Disick a Happy Birthday
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex Sued for Allegedly Ripping Off 'Sorry'
- Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin Reach Divorce Settlement
- Nick Jonas Goes Shirtless in First Trailer for Erotic Thriller 'Careful What You Wish For'
- Johnny Depp Releases Statement Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image