First Official Look at Chris Pine as Young Jack Ryan
Paramount Pictures has officially uncovered a very first look at Chris Pine as young Jack Ryan in the Kenneth Branagh-directed movie. Oozing masculinity in a long-sleeved black shirt, denims and leather boots, Pine is featured storming the Manhattan streets on a sporty Ducati motorbike.
This Pine-starring untitled Jack Ryan project is an adaptation of Tom Clancy's famous novel series, which follow the titular character in his 20s when he came out of the Marines to work in the finance world. The project was previously put on hold reportedly due to creative differences between Pine, Paramount execs and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
Director Branagh recently dubbed his version of Jack Ryan "a great anti-thesis." He told Collider, "I don't tend to think of him as a villain, but if you're playing a villain, you don't think of him as a villain. You just think, 'My Guy.' The character is a great anti-thesis, but it isn't as simple as that."
"It's great to see a character in this film with Jack Ryan," he continued. "It's just a very strong, very interesting, complicated, complex character. When the project first came my way, it was really to do that."
Scheduled to be released in the U.S. on Christmas Day in 2013, the "Jack Ryan" movie also stars Keira Knightley as the titular character's leading lady, and Branagh himself as the antagonist.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed