First Official Look at Chris Pine as Young Jack Ryan
Paramount Pictures has officially uncovered a very first look at Chris Pine as young Jack Ryan in the Kenneth Branagh-directed movie. Oozing masculinity in a long-sleeved black shirt, denims and leather boots, Pine is featured storming the Manhattan streets on a sporty Ducati motorbike.
This Pine-starring untitled Jack Ryan project is an adaptation of Tom Clancy's famous novel series, which follow the titular character in his 20s when he came out of the Marines to work in the finance world. The project was previously put on hold reportedly due to creative differences between Pine, Paramount execs and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
Director Branagh recently dubbed his version of Jack Ryan "a great anti-thesis." He told Collider, "I don't tend to think of him as a villain, but if you're playing a villain, you don't think of him as a villain. You just think, 'My Guy.' The character is a great anti-thesis, but it isn't as simple as that."
"It's great to see a character in this film with Jack Ryan," he continued. "It's just a very strong, very interesting, complicated, complex character. When the project first came my way, it was really to do that."
Scheduled to be released in the U.S. on Christmas Day in 2013, the "Jack Ryan" movie also stars Keira Knightley as the titular character's leading lady, and Branagh himself as the antagonist.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen