First Official Look at Chris Pine as Young Jack Ryan
Paramount Pictures has officially uncovered a very first look at Chris Pine as young Jack Ryan in the Kenneth Branagh-directed movie. Oozing masculinity in a long-sleeved black shirt, denims and leather boots, Pine is featured storming the Manhattan streets on a sporty Ducati motorbike.
This Pine-starring untitled Jack Ryan project is an adaptation of Tom Clancy's famous novel series, which follow the titular character in his 20s when he came out of the Marines to work in the finance world. The project was previously put on hold reportedly due to creative differences between Pine, Paramount execs and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura.
Director Branagh recently dubbed his version of Jack Ryan "a great anti-thesis." He told Collider, "I don't tend to think of him as a villain, but if you're playing a villain, you don't think of him as a villain. You just think, 'My Guy.' The character is a great anti-thesis, but it isn't as simple as that."
"It's great to see a character in this film with Jack Ryan," he continued. "It's just a very strong, very interesting, complicated, complex character. When the project first came my way, it was really to do that."
Scheduled to be released in the U.S. on Christmas Day in 2013, the "Jack Ryan" movie also stars Keira Knightley as the titular character's leading lady, and Branagh himself as the antagonist.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back