Zac Efron Turns to RomCom in 'Are We Officially Dating?'
Zac Efron has landed a role in romantic comedy "Are We Officially Dating?" which is directed and written by Tom Gormican. The film centers on three friends in Manhattan who make a pact to remain single just as they each start to fall in love.
TreeHouse Pictures will produce the movie which script made the 2010 Black List. "Are We Officially Dating? is a story about timing and your 20s and just how difficult it can be," said Justin Nappi of TreeHouse in a statement. "We're thrilled to be teaming with Tom Gormican on his relatable script, which will resonate with a large audience."
ED Intl. CEO Bill Block. added, "We strongly believe in the global appeal of this project and we're excited to work with the team at Treehouse Pictures to bring it to market in Toronto. Are We Officially Dating? is an excellent addition to QED's growing sales slate, and underscores our commitment to commercial, filmmaker-driven product."
Production begins in Manhattan this fall.
Efron has just completed filming dramas, Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy" and Ramin Bahrani's "At Any Price".
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri