Zac Efron Turns to RomCom in 'Are We Officially Dating?'
Zac Efron has landed a role in romantic comedy "Are We Officially Dating?" which is directed and written by Tom Gormican. The film centers on three friends in Manhattan who make a pact to remain single just as they each start to fall in love.
TreeHouse Pictures will produce the movie which script made the 2010 Black List. "Are We Officially Dating? is a story about timing and your 20s and just how difficult it can be," said Justin Nappi of TreeHouse in a statement. "We're thrilled to be teaming with Tom Gormican on his relatable script, which will resonate with a large audience."
ED Intl. CEO Bill Block. added, "We strongly believe in the global appeal of this project and we're excited to work with the team at Treehouse Pictures to bring it to market in Toronto. Are We Officially Dating? is an excellent addition to QED's growing sales slate, and underscores our commitment to commercial, filmmaker-driven product."
Production begins in Manhattan this fall.
Efron has just completed filming dramas, Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy" and Ramin Bahrani's "At Any Price".
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'