Zac Efron Turns to RomCom in 'Are We Officially Dating?'
Zac Efron has landed a role in romantic comedy "Are We Officially Dating?" which is directed and written by Tom Gormican. The film centers on three friends in Manhattan who make a pact to remain single just as they each start to fall in love.
TreeHouse Pictures will produce the movie which script made the 2010 Black List. "Are We Officially Dating? is a story about timing and your 20s and just how difficult it can be," said Justin Nappi of TreeHouse in a statement. "We're thrilled to be teaming with Tom Gormican on his relatable script, which will resonate with a large audience."
ED Intl. CEO Bill Block. added, "We strongly believe in the global appeal of this project and we're excited to work with the team at Treehouse Pictures to bring it to market in Toronto. Are We Officially Dating? is an excellent addition to QED's growing sales slate, and underscores our commitment to commercial, filmmaker-driven product."
Production begins in Manhattan this fall.
Efron has just completed filming dramas, Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy" and Ramin Bahrani's "At Any Price".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic