Zac Efron Turns to RomCom in 'Are We Officially Dating?'
Zac Efron has landed a role in romantic comedy "Are We Officially Dating?" which is directed and written by Tom Gormican. The film centers on three friends in Manhattan who make a pact to remain single just as they each start to fall in love.
TreeHouse Pictures will produce the movie which script made the 2010 Black List. "Are We Officially Dating? is a story about timing and your 20s and just how difficult it can be," said Justin Nappi of TreeHouse in a statement. "We're thrilled to be teaming with Tom Gormican on his relatable script, which will resonate with a large audience."
ED Intl. CEO Bill Block. added, "We strongly believe in the global appeal of this project and we're excited to work with the team at Treehouse Pictures to bring it to market in Toronto. Are We Officially Dating? is an excellent addition to QED's growing sales slate, and underscores our commitment to commercial, filmmaker-driven product."
Production begins in Manhattan this fall.
Efron has just completed filming dramas, Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy" and Ramin Bahrani's "At Any Price".
- Iggy Azalea Slams Nick Young's Baby Mama, Accuses Her of Wanting Attention and Money
- 'Harry Potter' Star Tom Felton Joins 'The Flash' as Series Regular. Is He an Ally or Foe?
- Kate Hudson Bares Her Butt Again, Goes Completely Naked in This NSFW Pic
- Taylor Swift Who? Calvin Harris Gets Flirty With Mystery Brunette While Partying in Cabo
- Apple in Talks to Buy Jay-Z's Tidal
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting