Zac Efron Turns to RomCom in 'Are We Officially Dating?'
Zac Efron has landed a role in romantic comedy "Are We Officially Dating?" which is directed and written by Tom Gormican. The film centers on three friends in Manhattan who make a pact to remain single just as they each start to fall in love.
TreeHouse Pictures will produce the movie which script made the 2010 Black List. "Are We Officially Dating? is a story about timing and your 20s and just how difficult it can be," said Justin Nappi of TreeHouse in a statement. "We're thrilled to be teaming with Tom Gormican on his relatable script, which will resonate with a large audience."
ED Intl. CEO Bill Block. added, "We strongly believe in the global appeal of this project and we're excited to work with the team at Treehouse Pictures to bring it to market in Toronto. Are We Officially Dating? is an excellent addition to QED's growing sales slate, and underscores our commitment to commercial, filmmaker-driven product."
Production begins in Manhattan this fall.
Efron has just completed filming dramas, Lee Daniels' "The Paperboy" and Ramin Bahrani's "At Any Price".
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle