Lil Wayne's 'Dedication 4' Moved to September 3
Lil Wayne's "Dedication 4" was supposed to be released on August 30, but it didn't come out as scheduled. It turns out that the new mixtape, a collaboration with DJ Drama, has been postponed for a second time.
While Weezy promises on his official website to have the street album "coming soon," Drama is more willing to reveal when exactly fans will be able to download the mixtape. "Sep. 3rd. #d4 .....," the disc jockey tweets the new release date.
This was the second time Weezy got the mixtape delayed. He initially planned to release it on August 15, but moved it back because he wanted to give room for 2 Chainz's new album "Based on a T.R.U. Story" that came out a day prior.
"I refuse to put any attention on me when the spotlight, everybody's eyes, everybody's attention and everybody's focus should be on my n**** 2 Chainz's album, Based on a T.R.U. Story. So therefore I ain't giving you b****es Dedication 4 yet. I'ma give it to ya'll in another week or so," he said back then.
His effort to have the attention focused on the Playaz Circle member paid off when "Based on a T.R.U. Story" made a high entry at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 with 147,000 copies sold. The album fell one spot to the second place in its second week.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris