Michael Bay Denies 'Ninja Turtles' Leaked Script Written by His Camp
After being continuously criticized, Michael Bay finally broke silence over the leaked script issue of his "Ninja Turtles" reboot project. Taking to his Shoot for the Edit account, the "Transformers" director insisted that the said screenplay was already dumped "a long time ago" and it was written even before he signed on to the gig.
"The leaked script for Ninja Turtles that different sites continue to comment on was written well before I, or anyone at Platinum Dunes, was involved with the project," so the 47-year-old director claimed. "The script saw the shredder a long time ago. This is tired, old news -- Wait for the movie!"
Despite what Bay said, Latino Review noticed that the much-talked-about leaked script actually had a January 30, 2012 date, which "would seem like almost 2 years after Bay and Platinum Dunes were attached to the project in late May 2010."
The "Ninja Turtles" screenplay has been widely criticized by a lot of rabid "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" fanboys. The original co-creator for "TMNT", Peter Laird, even called it "so fundamentally flawed" and should be "tossed out" and "deliberately forgotten" because it's "so NOT a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie."
It has been rumored that the script issue was the main reason why Paramount Pictures decided to push back the movie from December 2013 to May 16, 2014. Johnathan Liebesman is set to direct the project with Kevin Eastman, Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec all hired to pen the script.
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell