'Jersey Shore' Stars React to Cancellation, First Photo of Season 6 Comes Out
After MTV announced "Jersey Shore" would end its run with its upcoming sixth season, the cast have taken to Twitter to express their feelings about the cancellation. New mom Snooki tweeted, "Yes, sadly it's true. This upcoming season of Jersey Shore will be our last. But it was fricken INSANE. I will always love my roomies!"
Also going somber, Deena Nicole Cortese wrote, "It really just hit me now this summer was the last time I'll be filming with my roomies we all share something incredible thnx to you guys." Sammi Giancola gave a shout-out to her co-stars, "It's been one hell of a ride but this is just the beginning. Thank you all for your love & support throughout the seasons!! These memories will never be forgotten!! (sic)"
Posting lighter messages, Vinny Guadagnino jokingly said, "Aright, so I guess I'll run for president now #Vinny2012," while Ronnie Ortiz-Magro tweeted, "I can always go work for Danny at the Shore Store! LOL."
Meanwhile, DJ Pauly D tweeted, "I Must Say, Sad To See It Go , But Am So Blessed To Have Been Apart Of This !!!!" Speaking to MTV News at MixTape Festival, he further shared, "Everybody teared up, production teared up, we teared up, we couldn't believe it, I can't picture not going back to Seaside for the summertime. I feel like it's home."
He, however, is pleased with the last season they filmed. "I'm excited," he claimed. "It was probably one of my favorite seasons to film. It was so cool because a lot of things are different now, with Snooki being pregnant, Mike [The Situation] just getting out of rehab, but how we deal with that and how we all come together as a family, that was the best part about it."
Asked about his plans in the future, Pauly D opened up, "Music has always been my top priority, but I love the TV side of it too. Maybe we'll do another season of my show Pauly D Project."
The sixth and final season of "Jersey Shore" will premiere Thursday, October 4 at 10 P.M. ET/PT. Prior to it, MTV will air farewell programs which begin on September 6 at 6 P.M. ET/PT with a one-hour special titled "Gym, Tan, Look Back".
The new season has been teased in a photo which features the gang inside the Shore Store.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd