Charlie Sheen Goes Vintage in First Official Photos of 'Charlie Swan III'
Charlie Sheen's first official look in his upcoming film "A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charlie Swan III" has been uncovered. Entertainment Weekly has unleashed a set of photos featuring Sheen and his co-star Bill Murray in a vintage-styled setting of the movie.
In one of the pictures, the former "Two and a Half Men" actor is featured rocking a formal tux complete with a bowtie while holding a glass of brandy in his hand. He appears to be in a kind of cocktail party where there are also Murray and a number of well-groomed ladies.
Another photo shows a behind-the-scene moment where director Roman Coppola shoots a beach sequence with the film's composer Liam Hayes. There's also an image that sees Sheen having a chat with one of his co-stars, who rides on a horseback and dons a cowboy attire which is adorned with Stars of David symbols.
"Charlie Swan III" revolves around Sheen's titular character, a successful graphic designer whose fame, money and charm have made him irresistible to women. Unfortunately, when his girlfriend breaks up with him, his life heads into a downward spiral.
Coppola explains to EW that there's no other actor who can fit the role better than Sheen. "Charlie is so perfect for the role, but he's not perfect because the public profile we've seen in the news," the director says. "He's incredibly talented as an actor, he has tons of charisma, he's very witty."
"He's very funny and charming. You can use your charm sometimes as a problem solver - and my character, that's what he's been doing. He's been sliding through on life, using his charm and wit and charisma to get past some problems. But the problems are still there, and that's the story of the movie."
The brother of filmmaker Sofia Coppola dishes that Charlie Swan is personally related to real life Sheen. "To relate it to Charlie as a person, he has all those quality," he explains. "But to say 'wild man,' it doesn't quite... it's not what I would choose, those words. There are many similarities, but not what you'd expect. He's not someone who's out of control. I even hate to bring all that up because it only reinforces it."
"Charlie Swan III" still hasn't got a U.S. release date. The drama also stars Katheryn Winnick, Aubrey Plaza, Jason Schwartzman, James Paradise, Patricia Arquette and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes