Michael Shannon Goes Sadistic in First 'The Iceman' Trailer
Michael Shannon lets out his inner assassin in the first trailer for "The Iceman". He plays real-life contract killer Richard Kuklinski, who is a loving and devoted family man by day but becomes a very heartless hitman by night.
The trailer itself is jam-packed with tons of brutal scenes as Shannon's character kills numberless people in various ways. He doesn't hesitate to shoot a man in public or even kill his own friend. He is believed to have killed more than 250 people between 1954 and 1985.
Directed by Ariel Vromen, "The Iceman" was filmed in Detroit, Michigan and Shreveport, Louisiana. The thriller has been premiered at the 2012 Venice Film Festival this Thursday, August 30. Following the Venice premiere, it is also set to be screened at both Toronto and Telluride Film Festivals later this year.
Joining Shannon in the cast ensemble are Winona Ryder as Kuklinski's wife Deborah, Chris Evans as Mr. Softee, Ray Liotta as Roy DeMeo, James Franco as Marty, David Schwimmer as Josh Rosenthal, and Stephen Dorff as Joseph Kuklinski.
"The Iceman" Venice Film Festival Premiere Photos:
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'