Michael Shannon Goes Sadistic in First 'The Iceman' Trailer
Michael Shannon lets out his inner assassin in the first trailer for "The Iceman". He plays real-life contract killer Richard Kuklinski, who is a loving and devoted family man by day but becomes a very heartless hitman by night.
The trailer itself is jam-packed with tons of brutal scenes as Shannon's character kills numberless people in various ways. He doesn't hesitate to shoot a man in public or even kill his own friend. He is believed to have killed more than 250 people between 1954 and 1985.
Directed by Ariel Vromen, "The Iceman" was filmed in Detroit, Michigan and Shreveport, Louisiana. The thriller has been premiered at the 2012 Venice Film Festival this Thursday, August 30. Following the Venice premiere, it is also set to be screened at both Toronto and Telluride Film Festivals later this year.
Joining Shannon in the cast ensemble are Winona Ryder as Kuklinski's wife Deborah, Chris Evans as Mr. Softee, Ray Liotta as Roy DeMeo, James Franco as Marty, David Schwimmer as Josh Rosenthal, and Stephen Dorff as Joseph Kuklinski.
"The Iceman" Venice Film Festival Premiere Photos:
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby