Michael Shannon Goes Sadistic in First 'The Iceman' Trailer
Michael Shannon lets out his inner assassin in the first trailer for "The Iceman". He plays real-life contract killer Richard Kuklinski, who is a loving and devoted family man by day but becomes a very heartless hitman by night.
The trailer itself is jam-packed with tons of brutal scenes as Shannon's character kills numberless people in various ways. He doesn't hesitate to shoot a man in public or even kill his own friend. He is believed to have killed more than 250 people between 1954 and 1985.
Directed by Ariel Vromen, "The Iceman" was filmed in Detroit, Michigan and Shreveport, Louisiana. The thriller has been premiered at the 2012 Venice Film Festival this Thursday, August 30. Following the Venice premiere, it is also set to be screened at both Toronto and Telluride Film Festivals later this year.
Joining Shannon in the cast ensemble are Winona Ryder as Kuklinski's wife Deborah, Chris Evans as Mr. Softee, Ray Liotta as Roy DeMeo, James Franco as Marty, David Schwimmer as Josh Rosenthal, and Stephen Dorff as Joseph Kuklinski.
"The Iceman" Venice Film Festival Premiere Photos:
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation