First Teaser of Cinemax's 'Banshee' From 'True Blood' Creator
Cinemax has given a glimpse of its new show "Banshee" by debuting the first teaser. The short preview doesn't give a hint about the plot details, but it teases some action-packed scenes. "How can one town have so many scumbags?" says a female character in the video.
The series is set in Banshee, Pennsylvania, a small town in the heart of Amish country, where an ex-convict and master thief assumes the identity of the sheriff. He imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests, even though he's being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he had betrayed years earlier.
Antony Starr takes the lead role, joined by Ivana Milicevic, Ben Cross, Frankie Faison, Rus Blackwell, Ryann Shane and Ulrich Thomsen in the cast ensemble. Created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, it has former "True Blood" showrunner Alan Ball serving as the executive producer along with Greg Yaitanes and Peter Macdissi.
"Banshee" is expected to debut sometime in 2013.
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean
- Zac Efron Apologizes to Paris Jackson for Breaking Her Heart