First Teaser of Cinemax's 'Banshee' From 'True Blood' Creator
Cinemax has given a glimpse of its new show "Banshee" by debuting the first teaser. The short preview doesn't give a hint about the plot details, but it teases some action-packed scenes. "How can one town have so many scumbags?" says a female character in the video.
The series is set in Banshee, Pennsylvania, a small town in the heart of Amish country, where an ex-convict and master thief assumes the identity of the sheriff. He imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests, even though he's being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he had betrayed years earlier.
Antony Starr takes the lead role, joined by Ivana Milicevic, Ben Cross, Frankie Faison, Rus Blackwell, Ryann Shane and Ulrich Thomsen in the cast ensemble. Created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, it has former "True Blood" showrunner Alan Ball serving as the executive producer along with Greg Yaitanes and Peter Macdissi.
"Banshee" is expected to debut sometime in 2013.
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'