First Teaser of Cinemax's 'Banshee' From 'True Blood' Creator
Cinemax has given a glimpse of its new show "Banshee" by debuting the first teaser. The short preview doesn't give a hint about the plot details, but it teases some action-packed scenes. "How can one town have so many scumbags?" says a female character in the video.
The series is set in Banshee, Pennsylvania, a small town in the heart of Amish country, where an ex-convict and master thief assumes the identity of the sheriff. He imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests, even though he's being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he had betrayed years earlier.
Antony Starr takes the lead role, joined by Ivana Milicevic, Ben Cross, Frankie Faison, Rus Blackwell, Ryann Shane and Ulrich Thomsen in the cast ensemble. Created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, it has former "True Blood" showrunner Alan Ball serving as the executive producer along with Greg Yaitanes and Peter Macdissi.
"Banshee" is expected to debut sometime in 2013.
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending