First Teaser of Cinemax's 'Banshee' From 'True Blood' Creator
Cinemax has given a glimpse of its new show "Banshee" by debuting the first teaser. The short preview doesn't give a hint about the plot details, but it teases some action-packed scenes. "How can one town have so many scumbags?" says a female character in the video.
The series is set in Banshee, Pennsylvania, a small town in the heart of Amish country, where an ex-convict and master thief assumes the identity of the sheriff. He imposes his own brand of justice while also cooking up plans that serve his own interests, even though he's being hunted by the shadowy gangsters he had betrayed years earlier.
Antony Starr takes the lead role, joined by Ivana Milicevic, Ben Cross, Frankie Faison, Rus Blackwell, Ryann Shane and Ulrich Thomsen in the cast ensemble. Created by Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler, it has former "True Blood" showrunner Alan Ball serving as the executive producer along with Greg Yaitanes and Peter Macdissi.
"Banshee" is expected to debut sometime in 2013.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences