Brian Gerber, Producer of Leonardo DiCaprio Movie, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide
Brian Gerber was found dead in the Angeles National Forest, a few days after reported missing by his family. The producer once worked with Leonardo DiCaprio in "The 11th Hour", a 2007 documentary movie about global warming.
Before Brian went missing, his family claimed he was stressed out and thought about driving his car off a cliff. His body was recovered in the Angeles Crest Highway Wednesday morning, August 29. According to L.A. Times, a suicide note was found nearby.
Brian "was last seen driving a silver 2004 Toyota Prius, CA license place # 5HYJ828 and his phone was possibly last pinged off a cell tower in Cudahy, CA (south eastern LA county)." On Tuesday, his family and friends pleaded with fans on Facebook to help locate him.
After he was found, his family wrote in a new posting, "Our worst fears regarding Brian Gerber have been confirmed. Brian's family thanks you for all the condolences, good thoughts, prayers and asks for your patience and understanding during this most difficult of times."
"Obviously they are overwhelmed with this situation and are asking for privacy. We will be in touch as soon as arrangements have been made for services."
Brian was 41. He's survived by wife, actress Arabella Fields, and two sons.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande