Trey Songz Scores First No. 1 Album on Hot 200 With 'Chapter V'
R&B singer Trey Songz is getting the hype on his music career as Nielsen Soundscan announces that his latest creation "Chapter V" lands at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200 with 135,000 units sold. He has every reason to celebrate right now since it marks his first-ever chart topper on the list.
It's Trey's fifth full-length studio album following his 2010's "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" which peaked at number 2 with 40,000 units sold upon its debut. It was a close fight against Linkin Park's "A Thousand Suns". The rock band won the race to the top spot by one thousand copies only.
Every album Trey released has its own share of stealing a spot on Hot 200. His 2005 album "I Gotta Make It" hit No. 20, his 2007 offering "Trey Day" climbed higher to No. 11, his 2009 effort "Ready" reached No. 3, and then "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" grabbed the runner-up place.
As far as Trey Songz's concern, his "Chapter V" album is his second best in his career figuratively speaking. It posts the second-best sales week after "Passion, Pain & Pleasure" which sold 240,000 copies in its first week two years ago.
Other artists that land a spot on Billboard Hot 200 are 2 Chainz and DJ Khaled. The former falls from the first spot to the second slot with "Based on a T.R.U. Story" (48,000 units sold), while the latter is at the fourth place with "Kiss The Ring" (41,000 copies sold).
"Now 43" album compilation by various artists stays put at number 3 with 45,000 units sold, Justin Bieber's "Believe", climbs to the fifth spot with 32,000 units sold, and Maroon 5's "Overexposed" slips to No. 6 with 32,000 units sold.
- "Chapter V" - Trey Songz (135,000)
- "Based on a T.R.U. Story" - 2 Chainz (48,000)
- "Now 43" Compilation - Various Artists (45,000)
- "Kiss the Ring" - DJ Khaled (41,000)
- "Believe" - Justin Bieber (32,000)
- "Overexposed" - Maroon 5 (32,000)
- "The Midsummer Station" - Owl City (30,000)
- "God Forgives, I Don't" - Rick Ross (28,000)
- "The Struggle" - Tenth Avenue North (26,000)
- "Up All Night" - One Direction (25,000)
More Trey Songz News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'