Matthew McConaughey Reveals Extremely Gaunt Look for New Movie Role
After baring his killer guns and abs in "Magic Mike", Matthew McConaughey will show a very drastic physical transformation for his upcoming film. The actor, who's been busy filming Martin Scorsese's "The Wolf of Wall Street", has undergone an extreme diet to portray an HIV/AIDS-infected man in true-story drama "The Dallas Buyer's Club".
McConaughey's latest transformation is revealed in a photo that has made its round online recently. In the picture taken on Tuesday, August 28, the "Killer Joe" actor looks very gaunt while stepping out solo in New York City, donning a plain white tee, flip flops and sunglasses.
In "Dallas Buyer's Club", the "Fool's Gold" star plays Ron Woodroof, a real life figure who was also a heterosexual man diagnosed with AIDS in 1986. Given only a few months to live, Woodroof began to smuggle alternative and illegal treatments into the U.S. and into the hands of other AIDS patients.
Of his role in the upcoming film, McConaughey recently said, "I'm playing a guy who was sick and would have loved to have been healthier but wasn't." He told Us Weekly, "For me, it's more of a mental thing than physical thing. I'll get down to the weight I need to get to. I'm on my way, and it's what I need to do for the job."
He once also revealed about his plan to lose a total of 30 pounds for the role. "I should not look healthy by the time I'm doing this," he said in an interview with Larry King. "It's a bit of a spiritual cleanse, mental cleanse."
Also starring Hilary Swank, "Dallas Buyer's Club" still hasn't got a U.S. release date. The film is directed by Jean Marc Vallee with Craig Borten and Melisa Wallack penning the script.
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert