Global James Bond Day Announced as Part of 50th Anniversary Celebration
The world's most famous fictive spy, James Bond, is about to celebrate his 50th anniversary this year. As part of the celebration, EON Productions, MGM, Sony Pictures and 20th Century Fox announced the Global James Bond Day that will take place on October 5, which coincides the 50th anniversary of the first 007 film "Dr. No".
Bond Day itself is a "day-long series of events for Bond fans around the world." During the day, a never-before-seen Bond documentary called "Everything or Nothing: the Untold Story of 007" will also be released in selected countries.
Helmed by Steven Riley, the documentary pic follows three men who share the same dream. They are Bond producers Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman, as well as original 007 author Ian Fleming. The film sees the "thrilling and inspiring narrative behind the longest running film franchise in cinema history which began in 1962."
Other events to be held during the Bond Day include a "global online and live auction charity" of 50 lots to benefit twelve charitable institutions organized by Christie's in London. There will also be a global survey to find out the most popular Bond film in various countries, a film retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, a Music of Bond night in L.A. hosted by the AMPAS, and an exhibition of "Designing 007: 50 Years of Bond Style" at the TIFF.
"We are absolutely thrilled to be celebrating James Bond's golden anniversary on film with this special day of events for Bond fans around the world," said "Skyfall" producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of the anticipated festivity.
The 23rd installment of the British spy film franchise, "Skyfall", will be released in the U.S. on November 9 with Daniel Craig returning as 007. In it, his loyalty to M is tested as her past comes back to haunt her. When MI6 comes under attack, 007 must track down and destroy the threat, no matter how personal the cost.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'