Michael Jackson's Children Celebrate His 54th Birthday With Fans in Gary
Paris Jackson and her two brothers Prince and Blanket flew to Gary, Indiana on August 29. They visited their father Michael Jackson's hometown to celebrate the day that would have been the late King of Pop's 54th birthday in a four-day celebration.
They were joined by their grandmother Katherine Jackson and cousin TJ Jackson, who currently share joint guardianship of them, and their aunt La Toya Jackson. A vigil was held on Wednesday evening at 2300 Jackson St. in the house where the family lived until 1969.
Before the family arrived, a large crowd flocking to the house danced to Michael's music. "You guys are amazing!!!" Paris tweeted along with a picture from outside the house. She and her siblings signed autographs before the event began.
The next day, the kids will throw the first pitch and receive honorary team kits in a baseball game at Gary SouthShore RailCats. A dinner will be hosted by Gary Mayor, Karen Freeman-Wilson, on Friday with the Jackson family as special guests.
A tribute concert to close the remembrance events will be held on Saturday at the local West Side Theatre Guild. "Thru my joy & my sorrow , in the promise of another 2morro , i'll never let u apart for ur always in my heart. happy birthday i love u daddy," Paris previously tweeted.
When they first arrived in the city, the kids were given "I Love Gary" t-shirts by Karen as they posed for camera in a casino overlooking Lake Michigan. "We just want you to know how much he meant to us and the city of Gary," the Mayor said.
In addition to celebrating their father's life and legacy, the kids took time to explore the city. They were caught on camera Wednesday enjoying a thrill ride at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee.
Michael Jackson died on June 25, 2009 and was laid to rest at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, California. On Wednesday, fans laid flowers, including his favorite sunflowers, pictures, drawings and other stuffs in honor of their idols at his gravesite in Los Angeles.
More Michael Jackson News
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...