Ryan Gosling Will Direct Christina Hendricks in His Debut
"Lost River" will be Ryan Gosling's first foray into directing and writing. The 31-year-old actor will throw himself into the project which he also co-produces with Marc Platt and Adam Siegel of Marc Platt Productions, and Michel Litvak and David Lancaster of the Bold Films.
"I am very appreciative to Marc Platt, Adam Siegel and Bold Films for being so supportive and I look forward to making this film with all of them," Gosling said. Platt in return said, "We are thrilled to be producing Ryan Gosling's debut as a writer & director and continue our collaboration which began on 'Drive'. He has composed a beautifully haunting script and has a very clear vision of how he will bring it to life. His ability to draw audiences into his world as an actor will serve him well as a filmmaker."
Gosling's movie will be starring Christina Hendricks on the lead role as a single mother of two. "We have a tremendous amount of trust and confidence in Ryan, Christina, Marc and Adam, both personally and professionally," Michel Litvak, Bold Films financier, said.
According to the press release, the film weaves elements of fantasy noir, and suspense into a modern day fairytale. Set against the surreal dreamscape of a vanishing city, Billy, a single mother of two, is swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Both Billy and Bones must dive deep into the mystery, if their family is to survive.
Principal photography will begin in spring 2013. The film will be made available to buyers for the first time at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism