Ryan Gosling Will Direct Christina Hendricks in His Debut
"Lost River" will be Ryan Gosling's first foray into directing and writing. The 31-year-old actor will throw himself into the project which he also co-produces with Marc Platt and Adam Siegel of Marc Platt Productions, and Michel Litvak and David Lancaster of the Bold Films.
"I am very appreciative to Marc Platt, Adam Siegel and Bold Films for being so supportive and I look forward to making this film with all of them," Gosling said. Platt in return said, "We are thrilled to be producing Ryan Gosling's debut as a writer & director and continue our collaboration which began on 'Drive'. He has composed a beautifully haunting script and has a very clear vision of how he will bring it to life. His ability to draw audiences into his world as an actor will serve him well as a filmmaker."
Gosling's movie will be starring Christina Hendricks on the lead role as a single mother of two. "We have a tremendous amount of trust and confidence in Ryan, Christina, Marc and Adam, both personally and professionally," Michel Litvak, Bold Films financier, said.
According to the press release, the film weaves elements of fantasy noir, and suspense into a modern day fairytale. Set against the surreal dreamscape of a vanishing city, Billy, a single mother of two, is swept into a macabre and dark fantasy underworld while her teenage son discovers a secret road leading to an underwater town. Both Billy and Bones must dive deep into the mystery, if their family is to survive.
Principal photography will begin in spring 2013. The film will be made available to buyers for the first time at the 2012 Toronto International Film Festival.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris