Taylor Swift's 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' Video Gets Premiere Date
When Taylor Swift's music video for new single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" will premiere has been revealed. The video will launch on Thursday, August 30 at 7:49 P.M. EST as part of "MTV First: Taylor Swift", which will simulcast on MTV, CMT, TeenNick and VH1.
During the special broadcast, Taylor will be accompanied by MTV News' Sway Calloway as he will introduce the video to the public. After the video showing, she will stay for about 15 minutes more for an MTV.com interview.
The upcoming music video is directed by Declan Whitebloom, who worked with the country music beauty on her "Mean" and "Ours" visuals. One week after the premiere, she will perform the song in front of a live audience at the MTV Video Music Awards on September 6.
"We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" is the lead single from Taylor's next studio album "Red". It is currently at the #1 spot on Billboard Hot 100 songs chart, marking her first-ever chart-topper on the chart. It has also peaked at the top spot on iTunes in 32 countries.
The song sold 623,000 downloads in a week. The sum set a new record in one-week digital sales by a female artist, surpassing the 448,000 downloads Lady GaGa posted with "Born This Way". It is also the second best overall, placing behind Flo Rida's "Right Round" which sold 636,000 in a week.
Earlier this month, Taylor announced to her fans via live webcast that her next studio installment will be released in the United States on October 22.
More Taylor Swift News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March