Robin Williams Gets Dwight Eisenhower Makeover on 'The Butler' Set
Robin Williams was seen getting into character as President Eisenhower on the set of "The Butler". In an on-set photo that has recently made its way out online, the "Patch Adams" actor was featured getting a Dwight Eisenhower makeover, completed with the iconic figure's bald head.
Putting on a bald cap, Williams was seen stepping on the set in New Orleans without a full costume. He was seen rocking a black shirt and denims that he paired with rubber boots as he walked on a muddy terrain in Louisiana, where the Lee Daniels-directed biopic was shot.
That was not the first time Williams tackled the part of a former U.S. president in a movie. He had previously starred as President Theodore Roosevelt in 2006's "Night at the Museum" and its sequel "Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian" in 2009.
In "The Butler", Williams joins the likes of Forest Whitaker, Alex Pettyfer, Oprah Winfrey, Jane Fonda, James Marsden, John Cusack, Alan Rickman, Terrence Howard, Cuba Gooding Jr., Minka Kelly and Lenny Kravitz among others.
Based on Wil Haygood's Washington Post article, "A Butler Well Served by This Election", "The Butler" centers on the life of Whitaker's Eugene Allen, who started his career in the White House as a "pantry man" in 1952. At that time, black people weren't allowed to use public restrooms in his native Virginia.
Allen ended up serving eight presidents throughout his career and had a unique front row seat as political and racial history was made, from the Vietnam War and the civil rights movement to the assassinations of Martin Luther King Jr., Robert Kennedy Jr. and President John F. Kennedy.
The based-on-true-story movie still hasn't got a U.S. release date yet.
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Shows 'Farewell Tour' in First Trailer
- Erin Andrews and Jarret Stoll Get Married in Sunset Ceremony
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London