ABC Orders Marvel's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot From Joss Whedon
ABC is moving forward with its plan to do a live-action TV series based on Marvel comic books. The network has ordered a pilot to "S.H.I.E.L.D.", which has been developed by "The Avengers" director Joss Whedon.
The TV project is based on Jack Kirby-created comic and focuses on S.H.I.E.L.D. (Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division). In the comics, the fictional secret military law enforcement agency's director Nick Fury recruits Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk and Thor to join forces to stop Thor's adopted brother Loki from invading Earth.
It's still unclear though which characters will appear on the small-screen version. Production is expected to start immediately and Whedon is set to direct the pilot in addition to writing the script with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. The threesome also serves as executive producers alongside Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb.
"S.H.I.E.L.D." is one of the projects Whedon develops under an exclusive three-year film and TV deal that he just signed with Marvel Studios. The project also marks his return to small screen after his show "Dollhouse" was canceled by FOX in 2010. The creator and showrunner of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" directed an episode of "Glee" in the same year.
More S.H.I.E.L.D. News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters