ABC Orders Marvel's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot From Joss Whedon
ABC is moving forward with its plan to do a live-action TV series based on Marvel comic books. The network has ordered a pilot to "S.H.I.E.L.D.", which has been developed by "The Avengers" director Joss Whedon.
The TV project is based on Jack Kirby-created comic and focuses on S.H.I.E.L.D. (Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division). In the comics, the fictional secret military law enforcement agency's director Nick Fury recruits Iron Man, Captain America, The Hulk and Thor to join forces to stop Thor's adopted brother Loki from invading Earth.
It's still unclear though which characters will appear on the small-screen version. Production is expected to start immediately and Whedon is set to direct the pilot in addition to writing the script with his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen. The threesome also serves as executive producers alongside Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb.
"S.H.I.E.L.D." is one of the projects Whedon develops under an exclusive three-year film and TV deal that he just signed with Marvel Studios. The project also marks his return to small screen after his show "Dollhouse" was canceled by FOX in 2010. The creator and showrunner of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" directed an episode of "Glee" in the same year.
More S.H.I.E.L.D. News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier