Demi Lovato to Kick Off 2012 MTV VMAs Pre-Show
Before things get going at 2012 MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday, September 6, there will be a warm-up session kicked off by Demi Lovato. The 20-year-old singer has been tapped to perform her hit "Give Your Heart a Break" at 2012 MTV Video Music Awards Pre-Show.
"I'm so excited to perform at the VMA preshow. I can't believe it!" said Lovato. The live broadcast of the pre-show will start at 7 P.M. ET/PT, featuring as well DJ Calvin Harris who will entertain the crowd through the night.
Meanwhile, red-carpet event outside the Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA will be covered for MTV Style by "Teen Wolf" star Holland Roden. "It's been a blast to do these previous events just as part of the red carpet as a guest, and now that Iím hosting for the Red Carpet Report, I have no words. Just a lot of looks!" Holland said. MTV News' Sway Calloway, Jim Cantiello, James Montgomery and Christina Garibaldi will also take viewers live to the red carpet, behind the scenes and backstage.
The actual show will begin at 8 P.M. ET/PT for two hours with comedian Kevin Hart as host. Rihanna, Frank Ocean, Taylor Swift, Green Day, Pink, Alicia Keys and One Direction have been announced as performers.
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Debuts Burgeoning Bump While Shopping for Baby in London
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video