Report: Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Banks Tapped for 'Lego' Movie
More actors are tapped to join "Lego: The Piece of Resistance". After Chris Pratt was confirmed to spearhead the voice of the lead character, Emmet, Deadline reports that Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Banks will lend their voices to the project.
Rumor has it, "The Dark Knight Rises" actor Freeman will voice a character named Vitruvius. According to Variety's Jeff Sneider, Morgan's character is "a blind sage described as Gandalf meets Mr. Magoo." Meanwhile, "The Hunger Games" star Banks will "play Pratt's bad-ass ex-g/f."
The movie is a mixture of animation and live action. It will follow an ordinary Lego mini-figure who is mistaken as the master builder and accidentally joins the lego crew as they go on a quest to avoid the evil doer from bonding the whole universe together.
Will Arnett reportedly will join the voice-cast ensemble to voice a Lego version of Batman. Channing Tatum was also rumored to take part in the project as the voice of Superman, but recent rumor suggested he passed on the role.
The flick will be directed by "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller. It's projected for a 2014 release.
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette