Report: Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Banks Tapped for 'Lego' Movie
More actors are tapped to join "Lego: The Piece of Resistance". After Chris Pratt was confirmed to spearhead the voice of the lead character, Emmet, Deadline reports that Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Banks will lend their voices to the project.
Rumor has it, "The Dark Knight Rises" actor Freeman will voice a character named Vitruvius. According to Variety's Jeff Sneider, Morgan's character is "a blind sage described as Gandalf meets Mr. Magoo." Meanwhile, "The Hunger Games" star Banks will "play Pratt's bad-ass ex-g/f."
The movie is a mixture of animation and live action. It will follow an ordinary Lego mini-figure who is mistaken as the master builder and accidentally joins the lego crew as they go on a quest to avoid the evil doer from bonding the whole universe together.
Will Arnett reportedly will join the voice-cast ensemble to voice a Lego version of Batman. Channing Tatum was also rumored to take part in the project as the voice of Superman, but recent rumor suggested he passed on the role.
The flick will be directed by "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller. It's projected for a 2014 release.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son