Sylvester Stallone's Half-Sister Died of Lung Cancer a Month After His Son's Death
Sylvester Stallone, who is still grieving over the death of his son Sage, is mourning his half-sister Toni Ann Filiti. She lost battle against lung cancer and passed away Sunday morning, August 26 at her mother's residence in Santa Monica, California. She was 48 years old.
Toni stayed in a local hospital before being moved home for her final days. "I was holding her in my arms. I had just washed [her] face and told her how pretty she looked, and she just fell asleep," Jackie Stallone told the New York Daily News. "She's too young to go, but she wasn't feeling any pain."
"I was talking to her about renting a place in Paris where we would go so she could get better. I believe in miracles. But my husband is a doctor and said she was dying," the 90-year-old remembered. "A little while later he said she was gone. I stayed with her a couple hours on the bed."
Jackie has already told Sly about Toni's death. "He said he can't take any more pain," the Stallone matriarch said. "He said he'll always be there for her son." She also stated, "What a terrible month. First Sage and now Toni. It's hard. At least they're together now in heaven."
Sage himself was found dead in his Los Angeles Home on Friday, July 13. He was 36 years old. A private memorial service was held at St Martin of Tours Catholic Church before his casket was taken away to Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen