Sylvester Stallone's Half-Sister Died of Lung Cancer a Month After His Son's Death
Sylvester Stallone, who is still grieving over the death of his son Sage, is mourning his half-sister Toni Ann Filiti. She lost battle against lung cancer and passed away Sunday morning, August 26 at her mother's residence in Santa Monica, California. She was 48 years old.
Toni stayed in a local hospital before being moved home for her final days. "I was holding her in my arms. I had just washed [her] face and told her how pretty she looked, and she just fell asleep," Jackie Stallone told the New York Daily News. "She's too young to go, but she wasn't feeling any pain."
"I was talking to her about renting a place in Paris where we would go so she could get better. I believe in miracles. But my husband is a doctor and said she was dying," the 90-year-old remembered. "A little while later he said she was gone. I stayed with her a couple hours on the bed."
Jackie has already told Sly about Toni's death. "He said he can't take any more pain," the Stallone matriarch said. "He said he'll always be there for her son." She also stated, "What a terrible month. First Sage and now Toni. It's hard. At least they're together now in heaven."
Sage himself was found dead in his Los Angeles Home on Friday, July 13. He was 36 years old. A private memorial service was held at St Martin of Tours Catholic Church before his casket was taken away to Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery in Los Angeles.
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image