Michael Fassbender to Be Natalie Portman's Lover in 'Jane Got a Gun'
Amid his busy filming schedule for Ridley Scott's "The Counselor", Michael Fassbender is eyeing a new big screen gig. The "Prometheus" actor is negotiating to star in "Jane Got a Gun", which also stars Oscar winner Natalie Portman.
Portman will play the female lead whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds and barely alive. When her husband's gang eventually tracks him down to finish the job, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask him to help defend her farm.
According to Vulture, Fassbander is expected to tackle the part of Portman's ex-lover. Should he finally seal the deal, the "Shame" star will kick off filming with the "Black Swan" actress in early 2013.
"Jane Got a Gun" is set to be directed by "We Need to Talk About Kevin" helmer Lynne Ramsay. The script, meanwhile, is written by BlackList scribe Brian Duffield. In addition to starring in it, Portman serves as the producer.
The film was introduced by CAA to financiers, foreign sales agents and Hollywood studios at the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival. It was said that the project sparked heated bidding wars during the world-class event.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign