Michael Fassbender to Be Natalie Portman's Lover in 'Jane Got a Gun'
Amid his busy filming schedule for Ridley Scott's "The Counselor", Michael Fassbender is eyeing a new big screen gig. The "Prometheus" actor is negotiating to star in "Jane Got a Gun", which also stars Oscar winner Natalie Portman.
Portman will play the female lead whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds and barely alive. When her husband's gang eventually tracks him down to finish the job, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask him to help defend her farm.
According to Vulture, Fassbander is expected to tackle the part of Portman's ex-lover. Should he finally seal the deal, the "Shame" star will kick off filming with the "Black Swan" actress in early 2013.
"Jane Got a Gun" is set to be directed by "We Need to Talk About Kevin" helmer Lynne Ramsay. The script, meanwhile, is written by BlackList scribe Brian Duffield. In addition to starring in it, Portman serves as the producer.
The film was introduced by CAA to financiers, foreign sales agents and Hollywood studios at the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival. It was said that the project sparked heated bidding wars during the world-class event.
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'