Michael Fassbender to Be Natalie Portman's Lover in 'Jane Got a Gun'
Amid his busy filming schedule for Ridley Scott's "The Counselor", Michael Fassbender is eyeing a new big screen gig. The "Prometheus" actor is negotiating to star in "Jane Got a Gun", which also stars Oscar winner Natalie Portman.
Portman will play the female lead whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds and barely alive. When her husband's gang eventually tracks him down to finish the job, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask him to help defend her farm.
According to Vulture, Fassbander is expected to tackle the part of Portman's ex-lover. Should he finally seal the deal, the "Shame" star will kick off filming with the "Black Swan" actress in early 2013.
"Jane Got a Gun" is set to be directed by "We Need to Talk About Kevin" helmer Lynne Ramsay. The script, meanwhile, is written by BlackList scribe Brian Duffield. In addition to starring in it, Portman serves as the producer.
The film was introduced by CAA to financiers, foreign sales agents and Hollywood studios at the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival. It was said that the project sparked heated bidding wars during the world-class event.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune