Michael Fassbender to Be Natalie Portman's Lover in 'Jane Got a Gun'
Amid his busy filming schedule for Ridley Scott's "The Counselor", Michael Fassbender is eyeing a new big screen gig. The "Prometheus" actor is negotiating to star in "Jane Got a Gun", which also stars Oscar winner Natalie Portman.
Portman will play the female lead whose outlaw husband returns home riddled with bullet wounds and barely alive. When her husband's gang eventually tracks him down to finish the job, she is forced to reach out to an ex-lover and ask him to help defend her farm.
According to Vulture, Fassbander is expected to tackle the part of Portman's ex-lover. Should he finally seal the deal, the "Shame" star will kick off filming with the "Black Swan" actress in early 2013.
"Jane Got a Gun" is set to be directed by "We Need to Talk About Kevin" helmer Lynne Ramsay. The script, meanwhile, is written by BlackList scribe Brian Duffield. In addition to starring in it, Portman serves as the producer.
The film was introduced by CAA to financiers, foreign sales agents and Hollywood studios at the 65th annual Cannes Film Festival. It was said that the project sparked heated bidding wars during the world-class event.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger