Final 'The Master' Trailer: Philip Seymour Hoffman Preaching 'Man Is Not an Animal'
"Man is not an animal, we are not a part of the animal kingdom," so Philip Seymour Hoffman claims in the final theatrical trailer for "The Master". It begins with Joaquin Phoenix repeatedly banging his fists against the window before getting steamy with some random women. It also gives a look at an intriguing scene where Phoenix loses his cool as Hoffman gets dragged by the police.
Set in America in the years following World War II, "The Master" follows a charismatic intellectual (Hoffman) who launches a faith-based organization and taps a young drifter (Phoenix) as his right-hand man. However, as the faith begins to gain a fervent following, the onetime vagabond finds himself questioning the belief system he has embraced, and his mentor.
The drama has been generating positive buzz due to its theme, which was rumored to be related to Scientology. It has received positive reviews after being screened at a secret premiere earlier in August. Some critics even dubbed it a potential Oscar contender. Before opening in selected U.S. theaters on September 14, it will participate at Venice Film Festival and Toronto International Film Festival.
Serving as the director is Paul Thomas Anderson, who also works to pen the screenplay. Amy Adams, Laura Dern, Rami Malek, Jesse Plemons, David Warshofsky, Lena Endre, Josh Close and Fiona Dourif are also lining up in the cast ensemble.
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'