Final 'The Master' Trailer: Philip Seymour Hoffman Preaching 'Man Is Not an Animal'
"Man is not an animal, we are not a part of the animal kingdom," so Philip Seymour Hoffman claims in the final theatrical trailer for "The Master". It begins with Joaquin Phoenix repeatedly banging his fists against the window before getting steamy with some random women. It also gives a look at an intriguing scene where Phoenix loses his cool as Hoffman gets dragged by the police.
Set in America in the years following World War II, "The Master" follows a charismatic intellectual (Hoffman) who launches a faith-based organization and taps a young drifter (Phoenix) as his right-hand man. However, as the faith begins to gain a fervent following, the onetime vagabond finds himself questioning the belief system he has embraced, and his mentor.
The drama has been generating positive buzz due to its theme, which was rumored to be related to Scientology. It has received positive reviews after being screened at a secret premiere earlier in August. Some critics even dubbed it a potential Oscar contender. Before opening in selected U.S. theaters on September 14, it will participate at Venice Film Festival and Toronto International Film Festival.
Serving as the director is Paul Thomas Anderson, who also works to pen the screenplay. Amy Adams, Laura Dern, Rami Malek, Jesse Plemons, David Warshofsky, Lena Endre, Josh Close and Fiona Dourif are also lining up in the cast ensemble.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service