Final 'The Master' Trailer: Philip Seymour Hoffman Preaching 'Man Is Not an Animal'
"Man is not an animal, we are not a part of the animal kingdom," so Philip Seymour Hoffman claims in the final theatrical trailer for "The Master". It begins with Joaquin Phoenix repeatedly banging his fists against the window before getting steamy with some random women. It also gives a look at an intriguing scene where Phoenix loses his cool as Hoffman gets dragged by the police.
Set in America in the years following World War II, "The Master" follows a charismatic intellectual (Hoffman) who launches a faith-based organization and taps a young drifter (Phoenix) as his right-hand man. However, as the faith begins to gain a fervent following, the onetime vagabond finds himself questioning the belief system he has embraced, and his mentor.
The drama has been generating positive buzz due to its theme, which was rumored to be related to Scientology. It has received positive reviews after being screened at a secret premiere earlier in August. Some critics even dubbed it a potential Oscar contender. Before opening in selected U.S. theaters on September 14, it will participate at Venice Film Festival and Toronto International Film Festival.
Serving as the director is Paul Thomas Anderson, who also works to pen the screenplay. Amy Adams, Laura Dern, Rami Malek, Jesse Plemons, David Warshofsky, Lena Endre, Josh Close and Fiona Dourif are also lining up in the cast ensemble.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy