Nick Jonas to Join 'X Factor' as Demi Lovato's Partner in Judge's House Round
Nick Jonas has made no secret that he's in the run to be an "American Idol" judge, but he will first share some wisdom with "The X Factor (US)" contestants. The former "JONAS L.A." star is going to appear in the sophomore season of the Simon Cowell-created show this fall to help Demi Lovato mentor her team in the judges' house round, The Hollywood Reporter says.
In this phase, the judges will mentor 32 acts who are divided in four different categories (8 acts in each category). There will be changes to the divisions from last season, with Lovato reportedly handling solo singers ages 12 to 16, Britney Spears mentoring singers ages 17 to 24, L.A. Reid guiding contestants ages 25 and over, and Cowell taking on the groups.
The "X Factor" guest stint will reunite Jonas with Lovato who previously starred together in Disney's TV movies "Camp Rock" and "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam". The former "Sonny with a Chance" actress also once joined his band Jonas Brothers' tour in 2008.
The second season of American "X Factor" will start airing Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX. The show has not announced new host(s) to replace Steve Jones, who was fired at the end of season 1.
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift