Nick Jonas to Join 'X Factor' as Demi Lovato's Partner in Judge's House Round
Nick Jonas has made no secret that he's in the run to be an "American Idol" judge, but he will first share some wisdom with "The X Factor (US)" contestants. The former "JONAS L.A." star is going to appear in the sophomore season of the Simon Cowell-created show this fall to help Demi Lovato mentor her team in the judges' house round, The Hollywood Reporter says.
In this phase, the judges will mentor 32 acts who are divided in four different categories (8 acts in each category). There will be changes to the divisions from last season, with Lovato reportedly handling solo singers ages 12 to 16, Britney Spears mentoring singers ages 17 to 24, L.A. Reid guiding contestants ages 25 and over, and Cowell taking on the groups.
The "X Factor" guest stint will reunite Jonas with Lovato who previously starred together in Disney's TV movies "Camp Rock" and "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam". The former "Sonny with a Chance" actress also once joined his band Jonas Brothers' tour in 2008.
The second season of American "X Factor" will start airing Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX. The show has not announced new host(s) to replace Steve Jones, who was fired at the end of season 1.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie