Nick Jonas to Join 'X Factor' as Demi Lovato's Partner in Judge's House Round
Nick Jonas has made no secret that he's in the run to be an "American Idol" judge, but he will first share some wisdom with "The X Factor (US)" contestants. The former "JONAS L.A." star is going to appear in the sophomore season of the Simon Cowell-created show this fall to help Demi Lovato mentor her team in the judges' house round, The Hollywood Reporter says.
In this phase, the judges will mentor 32 acts who are divided in four different categories (8 acts in each category). There will be changes to the divisions from last season, with Lovato reportedly handling solo singers ages 12 to 16, Britney Spears mentoring singers ages 17 to 24, L.A. Reid guiding contestants ages 25 and over, and Cowell taking on the groups.
The "X Factor" guest stint will reunite Jonas with Lovato who previously starred together in Disney's TV movies "Camp Rock" and "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam". The former "Sonny with a Chance" actress also once joined his band Jonas Brothers' tour in 2008.
The second season of American "X Factor" will start airing Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX. The show has not announced new host(s) to replace Steve Jones, who was fired at the end of season 1.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle