'Star Wars: Episode II' and 'Episode III' to Be Re-Released in Fall 2013
Lucasfilm proudly announced the 3D release of the epic films "Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones" and "Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith". The original plan was to release the movies one at a time each year, but they are now set to be released back to back in 2013.
The good news was announced at the Star Wars Celebration VI held in Orlando, Florida. The "Attack of the Clones" and the "Revenge of the Sith" will be in theaters across the United States on September 20, 2013 and October 11, 2013, respectively.
The two "Star Wars: Episode" flicks will be fighting against other 3D films. "Attack of the Clones" is expected to go head to head with "The Little Mermaid (1989) 3D", while "Revenge of the Sith" will be up against "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For".
"Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace" was originally released in 1999, but Fox re-released it in 3D early this year on February 10 to be exact. The 3D version earned $43.5 million locally and $59.3 million internationally, summing up to $102.7 worldwide.
The "Attack of the Clones" was released in 2002, while the "Revenge of the Sith" came out three years later. George Lucas directed those three movies.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones