Artist of the Week: Ellie Goulding
There are not many musicians who manage to score big with their first effort like Ellie Goulding. Making a breakthrough in her home country U.K. with "An Introduction to Ellie Goulding [EP]", the 25-year-old girl didn't need a long time to have her music received by Americans.
The 2010 EP spawned such singles as "Starry Eyed" and "Your Song" which were charting high across the pond, but it was "Lights" which got people in the U.S. hooked to her. It peaked at No. 2 on Billboard Hot 100 and remains on the Top 10 of the chart in its 35th week. The song is included in her first studio album "Lights" and its re-release "Bright Lights".
In the same year she made her name in U.S. music industry, Goulding received some honors in England. She topped the BBC's annual Sound of the year poll and won the Critics' Choice Award at the Brit Awards, following the footsteps of Adele who achieved the same feat in 2008.
While her song "Lights" is still high on demands, the Hereford-born singer has already recorded new materials to be featured in her upcoming second studio installment "Halcyon". Due October 8 in U.K., the set has already been teased with the release of the lead single "Anything Could Happen".
"This album for me is a journey from dark into light from confusion to understanding... I didn't set out to write a break-up record but I think it became one," she once said about the album. She additionally shared, "A lot of my songs on this record are about the ocean and water."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby