Kevin Feige Hints Thanos May Appear in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Could Thanos take part in "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie? In a recent interview with Japanese blog Nifty, Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige allegedly teased that Mad Titan which appeared in the mid-credit of "The Avengers" could possibly join the upcoming space heroes movie.
Feige allegedly confirmed the Thanos rumor when discussing why he greenlit "Guardians of the Galaxy" as Marvel's 2014 movie to come out before "The Avengers 2". As translated by Comic Book Movie, he said that he "wanted to do something with it space."
"I've got a story I wanted to tell the world [that is] not directly related with the characters of 'The Avengers', [until] a little later," Feige said of why Marvel decided to move forward with the "Guardians" film. Though the Guardians and the Earth's Mightiest Heores are not entirely "related," it's been rumored that the former film will lead directly into the latter's sequel, which will arrive Stateside on May 1, 2015.
The said rumor prompted a question if Thanos might appear in "Guardians". Responding to the question, Feige hinted that the supervillain's inclusion was almost inevitable as stating, "I'm out [laughs] of course, because there is meaning [to the credits stinger.]"
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is a far-future story revolving around a group of alien beings - each the last of their kind - who eventually travel back in time to protect the earth from alien invasion. The script is currently being written by Black List scribe Chris McCoy. To be directed by James Gunn, the film is set to arrive in the U.S. on August 1, 2014.
More Guardians of the Galaxy News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest