First Look at Jamie Chung's Mulan on 'Once Upon a Time'
How Mulan will be depicted on "Once Upon a Time" has been unveiled in form of a photo, which highlights her tough side. The image, which makes its way out via TV Guide, features Jamie Chung donning an armor to portray the Chinese warrior.
"I go on a journey with Prince Phillip to find his princess, Aurora," Chung dishes on her character's storyline. "There's this evil spirit that's moving and my character ends up bonding with Sleeping Beauty. And as you've heard, Captain Hook is joining us."
The star of reality show "The Real World: San Diego" and Zack Snyder-directed movie "Sucker Punch" additionally boasts that Mulan's sword will overpower Captain Hook's weapon. "If you compare the size and length of my sword to his hook, who do you think has the longer reach?" she says.
The fantasy drama series' version of Mulan is described as a deadly trained warrior, but "has a spirituality that enhances her tactical and strategic abilities." Suffering past betrayals, she finds it's hard to trust others, "but once she gives her oath of friendship her loyalty knows no boundaries."
"Once Upon a Time" season 2 will kick off Sunday, September 30 at 8 P.M. on ABC. In addition to Mulan, Sleeping Beauty will recur in the upcoming chapter with Sarah Bolger taking the role. The villainous pirate Captain Hook, meanwhile, will be portrayed by Colin O'Donoghue.
More Once Upon a Time News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic