Report: Lana and Andy Wachowski Considered to Direct 'Justice League'
Now that Ben Affleck has confirmed he's not interested in helming "Justice League", Warner Bros. Pictures must begin its search for other filmmakers. Words have now run rampant that the studio has set its eyes on two big names on its wish list.
According to Moviehole, the two directors who are eyed for the DC film are none other than Lana Wachowski and her brother Andy Wachowski. Words are, Warners is very impressed with the duo's work in "Cloud Atlas".
The studio reportedly loves that the sci-fi film is "as much a spectacle as it is a showcase for the immense ensemble involved." Considering the Wachowskis' work in the star-studded film, the studio believes the two will be able to shepherd its superhero ensemble flick.
There are still no official words from the Wachowskis' camp to clarify the report. This is not the first time they are linked to comic book movie project. The two were in the running for "Man of Steel" before Zack Snyder snatched the helming duty.
"Justice League" will see DC's most famous superheroes, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Flash and more, uniting to fight evil forces. The project has been developed since years ago at Warners.
Before "Gangster Squad" scribe Will Beal was hired as the screenwriter, the studio chose Kieran and Michele Mulroney to pen the script with George Miller serving as the director. It was rumored that the long-proposed DC superhero pic won't likely hit theaters until summer 2015, which could put it up right against Marvel's "The Avengers 2".
As for the Wachowkis, the siblings are best known for directing "The Matrix" trilogy. Their other works included "V for Vendetta", "The Invasion", "Speed Racer" and "Ninja Assassin".
More Justice League News
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke