Lil Wayne to Release 'Dedication 4' Mixtape on August 30
Celebrate now Lil Wayne fans! The Hip-Hop superstar confirms that he will release his latest mixtape entitled "Dedication 4" at the end of the month, or August 30 to be exact. Via his Twitter account, the rap mogul simply proclaims, "D4 aug-30."
The street album was supposed to be released on August 15, but was delayed to give room for 2 Chainz's new album "Based on a T.R.U. Story", which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard Hot 200. "I refuse to put any attention on me when the spotlight, everybody's eyes, everybody's attention and everybody's focus should be on my n***a 2 Chainz's album," he previously said.
Although the tracklist has not been revealed, Nicki Minaj announced to MTV that she recorded a verse in one of the tracks. The conversation between Wayne and Minaj went like this, " 'Excuse me, I need to be on that mixtape,' and he said, 'Aight, whatever you wanna do'."
She continued, "So I just went into the other room and recorded on this particular beat that I'm sure my fans are gonna be very happy that I touched. I'm really excited for the kids to hear."
The mixtape aside, Lil Wayne weighed in on the brawl bar incident between Drake and Chris Brown. He took the issue lightly in his candid reaction. "Honestly, I laughed at him," he confessed to MTV. "I can't front, I just laughed at them... like, it's funny to me. I thank God I ain't going through it though, I've already been through too much."
- Comic-Con: New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Brings Back Elektra as Villain
- Usher Sued for $10 Million After Allegedly Exposing Another Woman to Herpes
- Kylie Jenner Is Afraid Tyga Will Release Their Intimate Videos 'Out of Spite'
- Royal Tantrum! Princess Charlotte Cries and Refuses to Board Helicopter in Hamburg
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!