Ben Affleck Finally Weighs In on His Rumored Involvement in 'Justice League'
For the first time since rumors suggesting that he's courted to helm "Justice League" emerged, Ben Affleck personally weighed in to clarify the report. Talking to Canada's 24 Hours, the husband of Jennifer Garner insisted that he's definitely not working on the DC film.
"I'm not working on the Justice League," Affleck claimed. "One of the problems with entertainment web sites is that they need to fill pages, and that's how rumors get started." Though admitting that the superhero ensemble project seemed promising, he stated that he's not interested to helm it. "Justice League sounds really exciting, but it's not something I'm working on," he said.
Earlier this August, Variety sparked rumors that the "Daredevil" star was the only possible candidate to helm the big project since Warner Bros. Pictures was pleased with his acclaimed work in 2010's "The Town". Shortly after the news broke, Deadline reached out to the actor's rep, who clarified that the superhero flick was "not going to happen with" the actor.
Warners has been developing "Justice League" since several years ago. Before hiring Will Beal as the screenwriter, the studio chose Kieran and Michele Mulroney to pen the script with George Miller serving as the director. It was said that the long-awaited DC superhero pic won't likely hit theaters until summer 2015, which could put it up right against Marvel's "The Avengers 2".
More Justice League News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny