Ben Affleck Finally Weighs In on His Rumored Involvement in 'Justice League'
For the first time since rumors suggesting that he's courted to helm "Justice League" emerged, Ben Affleck personally weighed in to clarify the report. Talking to Canada's 24 Hours, the husband of Jennifer Garner insisted that he's definitely not working on the DC film.
"I'm not working on the Justice League," Affleck claimed. "One of the problems with entertainment web sites is that they need to fill pages, and that's how rumors get started." Though admitting that the superhero ensemble project seemed promising, he stated that he's not interested to helm it. "Justice League sounds really exciting, but it's not something I'm working on," he said.
Earlier this August, Variety sparked rumors that the "Daredevil" star was the only possible candidate to helm the big project since Warner Bros. Pictures was pleased with his acclaimed work in 2010's "The Town". Shortly after the news broke, Deadline reached out to the actor's rep, who clarified that the superhero flick was "not going to happen with" the actor.
Warners has been developing "Justice League" since several years ago. Before hiring Will Beal as the screenwriter, the studio chose Kieran and Michele Mulroney to pen the script with George Miller serving as the director. It was said that the long-awaited DC superhero pic won't likely hit theaters until summer 2015, which could put it up right against Marvel's "The Avengers 2".
More Justice League News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3