Ben Affleck Finally Weighs In on His Rumored Involvement in 'Justice League'
For the first time since rumors suggesting that he's courted to helm "Justice League" emerged, Ben Affleck personally weighed in to clarify the report. Talking to Canada's 24 Hours, the husband of Jennifer Garner insisted that he's definitely not working on the DC film.
"I'm not working on the Justice League," Affleck claimed. "One of the problems with entertainment web sites is that they need to fill pages, and that's how rumors get started." Though admitting that the superhero ensemble project seemed promising, he stated that he's not interested to helm it. "Justice League sounds really exciting, but it's not something I'm working on," he said.
Earlier this August, Variety sparked rumors that the "Daredevil" star was the only possible candidate to helm the big project since Warner Bros. Pictures was pleased with his acclaimed work in 2010's "The Town". Shortly after the news broke, Deadline reached out to the actor's rep, who clarified that the superhero flick was "not going to happen with" the actor.
Warners has been developing "Justice League" since several years ago. Before hiring Will Beal as the screenwriter, the studio chose Kieran and Michele Mulroney to pen the script with George Miller serving as the director. It was said that the long-awaited DC superhero pic won't likely hit theaters until summer 2015, which could put it up right against Marvel's "The Avengers 2".
More Justice League News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'