Randy Travis Cited for Simple Assault After Altercation Outside Church
Just as news about his naked drunken arrest died down, Randy Travis has another run-in with law once again. This newest one is minor compared to his last predicament though. The country music singer is cited for Class C simple assault after allegedly having a fight in the parking lot outside Prestonwood Baptist Church at 6801 West Park Boulevard.
53-year-old Travis reportedly intervened a fight between his girlfriend and her estranged husband. The couple had a heated argument about the visitation of their son. "During our investigation we determined Mr. Travis at some point physically assaulted an individual who was there," Plano police spokesman David Tilley tells The Dallas Morning News.
Nobody wanted to go to hospital after the Thursday night, August 23 fight, and no injuries were reported. The citation Travis received "in Texas can be anything from an an unwanted push to a strike that didn't cause pain or injury." In an explanation to PEOPLE, it's described as "a minor misdemeanor offense similar to a traffic violation."
According to TMZ, Travis had "bloodshot" eyes and torn clothes after the fracas. It was also reported that he was "extremely intoxicated," but the rumor was dismissed by police. "There was no indication that he was intoxicated on the report. I'm not sure where these stories are coming from. It's nothing more than what we run into on a regular basis," cop's rep said.
Travis was charged with DWI and retaliation earlier this month. He reportedly was found drunk and buck naked by cops in a single accident in North Texas on August 7. He allegedly showed several signs of intoxication but refused to take sobriety tests. He reportedly threatened to kill police who arrested him.
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick