Details of Rufus Wainwright and Jorn Weisbrodt's Wedding
Congratulations are in order for Rufus Wainwright. The 39-year-old Grammy-nominated singer has tied the knot with his longtime partner, the artistic director of Toronto's Luminato Festival Jorn Weisbrodt, in a Montauk ceremony attended by a group of family members and close friends.
In a wedding picture obtained by PEOPLE, the musician wore a white custom Viktor & Rolf Monsieur attire, while the German arts administrator donned a dark suit. The couple was married by a close friend, artist Justin Vivian Bond, at the reception in Long Island, New York.
The guests included Alan Cumming, Julianne Moore, John Lennon's widow Yoko Ono & son Sean Lennon, artist Marina Abramovic, Antony Hegarty of the Antony and the Johnsons, Ingrid Sischy, Viktor Horsting & Rolf Snoeren, Lou Reed & Laurie Anderson, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Ronson & Natasha Lyonne.
The nuptials took place on Thursday, August 23 at the Clam Bar in nearby Napeague, according to Rolling Stone. PEOPLE reported the Salome Chamber Orchestra and David Aron Carpenter performed and so did Rufus' sister, singer-songwriter Martha Wainwright. DJ team AndrewAndrew and Ronson provided music on the dance floor.
The guests dined lobster rolls, local corn, cherry tomatoes, steamers, chowders and clams, and enjoyed Nicolas Feuillatte champagne. They listened to speeches from Marina Abramovic and Irving Benson, and left in the wee hours with a jar of local plum jam with "Rufus + Jorn's Hochzeit" inscription. "Hochzeit" means "wedding" in German.
Wainwright and Weisbrodt were engaged in 2010. They have an 18-month-old daughter, Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen, in a parenting partnership with Leonard Cohen's daughter, Lorca Cohen.
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest