'Suburgatory' Casts Malin Akerman as Tessa's Mother
Malin Akerman is heading to "Suburgatory" for its sophomore season. The "Childrens Hospital" star has landed a pivotal role as Tessa's free-spirited singer/songwriter mother Alex, after the show went through an "extensive" search to fill the part.
Alex left Tessa shortly after she was born and has never met her daughter since then. She finally feels the need to form a relationship with Tessa and thus attempts to spend the holidays with her, hoping to put the past behind. She will be featured in Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes.
"I'm a huge, nerdy fan [of Akerman's] and this was an extensive search for the right actress to play such a pivotal role in our show," creator Emily Kapnek tells TVLine. "It turned out to be well worth the wait."
She continues gushing about the actress, "She's funny, gorgeous and incredibly charismatic, and I know her chemistry with Jeremy Sisto and Jane Levy is going to be off the charts. Malin is a comedy writer's dream, both beautiful and comedically fearless. I'm over the moon about her agreeing to play Alex."
Beside being part of "Childrens Hospital" main cast, Akerman has guest starred on some TV shows, including "Entourage" and "How I Met Your Mother". Her latest feature film credit was "Rock of Ages", and she will next grace the big screen through "Stolen" which also stars Jon Hamm and Josh Lucas.
The second season of "Suburgatory" will premiere Wednesday, October 17 at 9:30 PP.M. on ABC.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding