Video: Madonna Dedicates Song to Elton John, Says She Forgives Him
Madonna refuses to answer Elton John's latest diss with another harsh comment. Instead, the Material Girl opted to dedicate one of her songs to the "Rocket Man" hitmaker during a concert in Nice, France on Tuesday night, August 21, saying she forgave him for insulting her.
"I'd like to dedicate this next song to a Mr. Elton John. I know he's a big fan of it," Madge, who was clad in an all-black ensemble, stated before launching into a performance of "Masterpiece". She added, "And I know he's a big fan of mine. And you know what? I forgive him. Gotta start somewhere."
Still, Madge didn't seem to raise white flag with the dedication. The performance had a potential to irritate John since the track was the one which beat his song "Hello Hello" at this year's Golden Globe Awards. "Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism," the British rocker's partner David Furnish commented after she won the Best Original Song prize at the event.
John recently reignited the feud as saying that Madge now looked like a "f***ing fairground stripper." He added, "Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c***. If Madonna had any common sense she would have made a record like 'Ray of Light' and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly."
More Madonna News
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M
- Mandy Moore Talks About Her Lesbian Mother and Gay Brothers