Video: Madonna Dedicates Song to Elton John, Says She Forgives Him
Madonna refuses to answer Elton John's latest diss with another harsh comment. Instead, the Material Girl opted to dedicate one of her songs to the "Rocket Man" hitmaker during a concert in Nice, France on Tuesday night, August 21, saying she forgave him for insulting her.
"I'd like to dedicate this next song to a Mr. Elton John. I know he's a big fan of it," Madge, who was clad in an all-black ensemble, stated before launching into a performance of "Masterpiece". She added, "And I know he's a big fan of mine. And you know what? I forgive him. Gotta start somewhere."
Still, Madge didn't seem to raise white flag with the dedication. The performance had a potential to irritate John since the track was the one which beat his song "Hello Hello" at this year's Golden Globe Awards. "Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism," the British rocker's partner David Furnish commented after she won the Best Original Song prize at the event.
John recently reignited the feud as saying that Madge now looked like a "f***ing fairground stripper." He added, "Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c***. If Madonna had any common sense she would have made a record like 'Ray of Light' and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly."
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle