Video: Madonna Dedicates Song to Elton John, Says She Forgives Him
Madonna refuses to answer Elton John's latest diss with another harsh comment. Instead, the Material Girl opted to dedicate one of her songs to the "Rocket Man" hitmaker during a concert in Nice, France on Tuesday night, August 21, saying she forgave him for insulting her.
"I'd like to dedicate this next song to a Mr. Elton John. I know he's a big fan of it," Madge, who was clad in an all-black ensemble, stated before launching into a performance of "Masterpiece". She added, "And I know he's a big fan of mine. And you know what? I forgive him. Gotta start somewhere."
Still, Madge didn't seem to raise white flag with the dedication. The performance had a potential to irritate John since the track was the one which beat his song "Hello Hello" at this year's Golden Globe Awards. "Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism," the British rocker's partner David Furnish commented after she won the Best Original Song prize at the event.
John recently reignited the feud as saying that Madge now looked like a "f***ing fairground stripper." He added, "Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c***. If Madonna had any common sense she would have made a record like 'Ray of Light' and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly."
More Madonna News
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince