Kathie Lee Gifford Says Taylor Swift Did Crash Kennedy Wedding
Kathie Lee Gifford, who was one of the guests at the Kyle Kennedy and Liam Kerry wedding over the weekend, broke her silence on whether or not Taylor Swift and her new boyfriend Conor Kennedy crashed the nuptials. Contrary to the singer's denial, the host confirmed the drama did take place.
Kathie is the stepmother of Victoria Gifford Kennedy, the upset mom of the bride. When asked by her "Today" co-anchor Hoda Kotb what happened, Kathie replied, "The truth is, because I was there, Vicki's account of what happened in Boston is accurate."
The wedding invitations were sent "a long time ago" and Conor did not send back an RSVP. "(Victoria) didn't know if he was coming or not," Katie said. "She heard that he might be, but he got in touch with her an hour earlier, and said, basically, 'Can I bring my girlfriend?' "
"A beautiful sit-down dinner that had been planned for months. She said very nicely, please do not come. Well, guess what? They came," Kathie added. "It's the bride's day, and that was Vicki's other concern. 'This is my daughter's day and I would appreciate it if you would not come.' "
Kathie said Victoria asked Taylor to leave twice and the host saw the singer "in the hallway, waiting around." She dished on, "I didn't know there was any drama going on at the time until I spoke to Vicki." Still, she gave Taylor the benefit of the doubt, "I'm not sure she didn't know she was invited."
In an interview with Boston Herald, Victoria opened up, "I personally went up to Ms. Swift, whose entrance distracted the entire event, politely introduced myself to her, and asked her as nicely as I could to leave. It was like talking to a ghost. She seemed to look right past me."
In response, a representative spoke on behalf of Taylor, "There is no truth to that. Taylor was invited to the wedding and the bride thanked her profusely for being there." She and Conor reportedly left during the dinner, but returned after that and spent the rest of the night dancing at the reception.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'