2 Chainz's Debut Album Tops Billboard 200, Exceeds Sales Expectation
While Taylor Swift enjoys her first victory on Billboard 100, 2 Chainz posts his first chart-topping album on Billboard 200. His debut solo album "Based on a T.R.U. Story" rules the chart after scanning 147,000 copies in its first week. The number is slightly above the projected figure of between 130,000 to 140,000 copies.
The one-half of hip hop duo Playaz Circle is the third act this year who puts his debut studio effort at No. 1 on the chart. One Direction did so with "Up All Night" in late March, followed by Jack White with "Blunderbuss" in mid-May.
The other newcomers in the Top 10 this week are Insane Clown Posse and Yellowcard. The greasepaint rap duo's "The Mighty Death Pop!" enters the chart at No. 4 (41,000), while the veteran pop punk act's "Southern Air" comes in at No. 10 (23,000).
With the arrival of 2 Chainz's album, "Now 43" compilation is pushed to No. 2 with additional 75,000 copies (down 32%). Former chart-topper "God Forgives, I Don't" by Rick Ross also falls one position to No. 3, selling 43,000 copies (down 27%).
Meanwhile, Maroon 5's "Overexposed" sees a 50% rise in the sales, boosted by Amazon MP3. The band's album now sits at No. 5 with 36,000 copies, after spending the week before at No. 11. Justin Bieber's "Believe" and One Direction's "Up All Night" are up one position each to No. 6 (35,000) and No. 7 (29,000) respectively.
Adele's "21" sits at No. 8 in its 78th consecutive week in the Top 10 with 26,000 copies, while Zac Brown Band's "Uncaged" suffers a big drop from No. 6 to No. 9 with 25,000 (down 20%).
- "Based on a T.R.U. Story" - 2 Chainz (147,000)
- "Now 43" - Various Artists (35,000)
- "God Forgives, I Don't" - Rick Ross (43,000)
- "The Mighty Death Pop!" - Insane Clown Posse (41,000)
- "Overexposed" - Maroon 5 (36,000)
- "Believe" - Justin Bieber (35,000)
- "Up All Night" - One Direction (29,000)
- "21" - Adele (26,000)
- "Uncaged" - Zac Brown Band (25,000)
- "Southern Air" - Yellowcard (23,000)
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed