Angelina Jolie's Daughter Vivienne Cast as Princess Aurora in 'Maleficent'
Angelina Jolie's young daughter Vivienne is set to follow her mother's footsteps as a movie star. The 4-year-old girl has officially been tapped to join her mom in Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming fairytale pic "Maleficent".
Disney announced on Wednesday, August 22 that Vivienne "will play a minor role as the child version of Princess Aurora." The grown-up version of Aurora herself will be portrayed by blond beauty Elle Fanning.
There is still no word on how much screen time Vivienne will get, and whether her twin brother Knox will also join the movie. Still, it is said that Angelina is very thrilled to have her daughter joining her in the film.
"Ange thought it would be a fun experience for her and Viv to share, and Viv is a natural," a source tells The Sun about the mother of six. "The other kids are now nagging Ange and Brad [Pitt] to land them roles."
To open wide in the U.S. on March 14, 2014, "Maleficent" will explore the origins of Disney's most iconic villain, Maleficent, and what led her to curse Princess Aurora in Disney's animated classic Sleeping Beauty.
The family-friendly movie is helmed by Robert Stromberg with Linda Woolverton penning the script. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are India Eisley, Sharlto Copley, Sam Riley, Miranda Richardson, Imelda Staunton, Lesley Manville, Juno Temple and Brenton Thwaites.
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot