Angelina Jolie's Daughter Vivienne Cast as Princess Aurora in 'Maleficent'
Angelina Jolie's young daughter Vivienne is set to follow her mother's footsteps as a movie star. The 4-year-old girl has officially been tapped to join her mom in Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming fairytale pic "Maleficent".
Disney announced on Wednesday, August 22 that Vivienne "will play a minor role as the child version of Princess Aurora." The grown-up version of Aurora herself will be portrayed by blond beauty Elle Fanning.
There is still no word on how much screen time Vivienne will get, and whether her twin brother Knox will also join the movie. Still, it is said that Angelina is very thrilled to have her daughter joining her in the film.
"Ange thought it would be a fun experience for her and Viv to share, and Viv is a natural," a source tells The Sun about the mother of six. "The other kids are now nagging Ange and Brad [Pitt] to land them roles."
To open wide in the U.S. on March 14, 2014, "Maleficent" will explore the origins of Disney's most iconic villain, Maleficent, and what led her to curse Princess Aurora in Disney's animated classic Sleeping Beauty.
The family-friendly movie is helmed by Robert Stromberg with Linda Woolverton penning the script. Also lining up in the cast ensemble are India Eisley, Sharlto Copley, Sam Riley, Miranda Richardson, Imelda Staunton, Lesley Manville, Juno Temple and Brenton Thwaites.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed