Phillip Phillips Debuts New Song 'Take Me Away'
Phillip Phillips has just unveiled his new original song "Take Me Away". During the Mix 106.1 radio event in Philadelphia on Tuesday, August 21, the Georgia-born singer/songwriter performed the slow-tempo tune in an acoustic set with him and another man playing a guitar each.
"Won't you take me from the clouds buried in grey/ All the colors are mixing in my head/ I can't see which way/ Only see you out of thousands coming my way/ You're all I want to see/ All I want to touch and feel in every way," so he belted out the song.
Following the performance, the 21-year-old tweeted, "I had fun @MixPhiladelphia with @errolcooney....tore it up on old love! Ha."
There's no word on whether "Take Me Away" will appear in Phillips' upcoming debut studio album. He previously broke "American Idol" record with his coronation song "Home" which was downloaded 278,000 times in its first week, surpassing David Cook's "The Time of My Life" which sold 236,000 copies in 2008.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers