Phillip Phillips Debuts New Song 'Take Me Away'
Phillip Phillips has just unveiled his new original song "Take Me Away". During the Mix 106.1 radio event in Philadelphia on Tuesday, August 21, the Georgia-born singer/songwriter performed the slow-tempo tune in an acoustic set with him and another man playing a guitar each.
"Won't you take me from the clouds buried in grey/ All the colors are mixing in my head/ I can't see which way/ Only see you out of thousands coming my way/ You're all I want to see/ All I want to touch and feel in every way," so he belted out the song.
Following the performance, the 21-year-old tweeted, "I had fun @MixPhiladelphia with @errolcooney....tore it up on old love! Ha."
There's no word on whether "Take Me Away" will appear in Phillips' upcoming debut studio album. He previously broke "American Idol" record with his coronation song "Home" which was downloaded 278,000 times in its first week, surpassing David Cook's "The Time of My Life" which sold 236,000 copies in 2008.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story