Phillip Phillips Debuts New Song 'Take Me Away'
Phillip Phillips has just unveiled his new original song "Take Me Away". During the Mix 106.1 radio event in Philadelphia on Tuesday, August 21, the Georgia-born singer/songwriter performed the slow-tempo tune in an acoustic set with him and another man playing a guitar each.
"Won't you take me from the clouds buried in grey/ All the colors are mixing in my head/ I can't see which way/ Only see you out of thousands coming my way/ You're all I want to see/ All I want to touch and feel in every way," so he belted out the song.
Following the performance, the 21-year-old tweeted, "I had fun @MixPhiladelphia with @errolcooney....tore it up on old love! Ha."
There's no word on whether "Take Me Away" will appear in Phillips' upcoming debut studio album. He previously broke "American Idol" record with his coronation song "Home" which was downloaded 278,000 times in its first week, surpassing David Cook's "The Time of My Life" which sold 236,000 copies in 2008.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?