Phillip Phillips Debuts New Song 'Take Me Away'
Phillip Phillips has just unveiled his new original song "Take Me Away". During the Mix 106.1 radio event in Philadelphia on Tuesday, August 21, the Georgia-born singer/songwriter performed the slow-tempo tune in an acoustic set with him and another man playing a guitar each.
"Won't you take me from the clouds buried in grey/ All the colors are mixing in my head/ I can't see which way/ Only see you out of thousands coming my way/ You're all I want to see/ All I want to touch and feel in every way," so he belted out the song.
Following the performance, the 21-year-old tweeted, "I had fun @MixPhiladelphia with @errolcooney....tore it up on old love! Ha."
There's no word on whether "Take Me Away" will appear in Phillips' upcoming debut studio album. He previously broke "American Idol" record with his coronation song "Home" which was downloaded 278,000 times in its first week, surpassing David Cook's "The Time of My Life" which sold 236,000 copies in 2008.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones