Phillip Phillips Debuts New Song 'Take Me Away'
Phillip Phillips has just unveiled his new original song "Take Me Away". During the Mix 106.1 radio event in Philadelphia on Tuesday, August 21, the Georgia-born singer/songwriter performed the slow-tempo tune in an acoustic set with him and another man playing a guitar each.
"Won't you take me from the clouds buried in grey/ All the colors are mixing in my head/ I can't see which way/ Only see you out of thousands coming my way/ You're all I want to see/ All I want to touch and feel in every way," so he belted out the song.
Following the performance, the 21-year-old tweeted, "I had fun @MixPhiladelphia with @errolcooney....tore it up on old love! Ha."
There's no word on whether "Take Me Away" will appear in Phillips' upcoming debut studio album. He previously broke "American Idol" record with his coronation song "Home" which was downloaded 278,000 times in its first week, surpassing David Cook's "The Time of My Life" which sold 236,000 copies in 2008.
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors