Plot Details of 'Dumb and Dumber' Sequel Revealed
What would Harry and Lloyd become when they reunite in "Dumb and Dumber" sequel? According to director Bobby Farrelly, after twenty years, the dim-witted duo is "still basically children at heart." Moreover, he revealed that one of the pair could be a dad in the upcoming sequel.
Discussing the film with Digital Spy, Bobby opened up about the planned plot for the untitled Dumb and Dumber sequel. "I can tell you that there is no growth out of either one of them and it's 20 years later," he said.
"What is funny about the original is that they're grown men who are complete losers and when the studio came to us about a sequel, we were like, 'Loads of kids are losers and they're dumb.' We didn't see any value in the sequel so we backed out of it, but now these guys are in regular life and they're still basically children at heart."
He went on dishing, "The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child. They want to go and find the child because he's having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys."
Sharing updates on the development progress of the long-gestating slapstick comedy project, Bobby said, "We were hoping to shoot it very soon - this fall - but that didn't come to pass because of scheduling conflicts. Jeff [Daniels] has a successful TV show over here now so we have to work around that."
"We are planning on shooting it this coming spring and hopefully it will be out by next fall. That's the plan and that will be our next movie, we've already written the script. We're very anxious to get back in business with those two guys."
The "Dumb and Dumber 2" project was first announced in April. At that time, Bobby's director brother Peter Farrelly announced that the film would kick off shooting in September with both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels returning as Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne respectively.
The first "Dumb and Dumber" followed the adventure of Lloyd and Harry, two good-natured but incredibly moronic friends. Released in 1994, the comedy movie successfully bagged $127.1 million domestically and $247.2 million worldwide.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics