Plot Details of 'Dumb and Dumber' Sequel Revealed
What would Harry and Lloyd become when they reunite in "Dumb and Dumber" sequel? According to director Bobby Farrelly, after twenty years, the dim-witted duo is "still basically children at heart." Moreover, he revealed that one of the pair could be a dad in the upcoming sequel.
Discussing the film with Digital Spy, Bobby opened up about the planned plot for the untitled Dumb and Dumber sequel. "I can tell you that there is no growth out of either one of them and it's 20 years later," he said.
"What is funny about the original is that they're grown men who are complete losers and when the studio came to us about a sequel, we were like, 'Loads of kids are losers and they're dumb.' We didn't see any value in the sequel so we backed out of it, but now these guys are in regular life and they're still basically children at heart."
He went on dishing, "The story revolves around the fact that one of them may have sired a child. They want to go and find the child because he's having a kidney problem and he wants to ask him for one of his kidneys."
Sharing updates on the development progress of the long-gestating slapstick comedy project, Bobby said, "We were hoping to shoot it very soon - this fall - but that didn't come to pass because of scheduling conflicts. Jeff [Daniels] has a successful TV show over here now so we have to work around that."
"We are planning on shooting it this coming spring and hopefully it will be out by next fall. That's the plan and that will be our next movie, we've already written the script. We're very anxious to get back in business with those two guys."
The "Dumb and Dumber 2" project was first announced in April. At that time, Bobby's director brother Peter Farrelly announced that the film would kick off shooting in September with both Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels returning as Lloyd Christmas and Harry Dunne respectively.
The first "Dumb and Dumber" followed the adventure of Lloyd and Harry, two good-natured but incredibly moronic friends. Released in 1994, the comedy movie successfully bagged $127.1 million domestically and $247.2 million worldwide.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting
- Kim Kardashian Files Complaint Against Vitalii Sediuk Over Attempted Ambush