Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Officially Divorced
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are officially back on the market again. The parents of 6-year-old Suri get their divorce papers signed off by judge just a month and a half after the actress submitted her filing for legal separation from the actor.
A source tells E! News that the "Top Gun" actor is relieved that the proceedings are finally over. "Tom is very happy and relieved that he is moving forward," the source testifies. "His priority is being a good father and this settlement will make sure that continues."
Tom and Katie, who have a prenup agreement, settle their divorce outside the court. Suri will live primarily with Katie in New York with generous visitation by Tom. The mother-daughter duo currently lives in an apartment located in Manhattan's artsy Chelsea neighborhood.
Other couples splitting on amicable terms are Katy Perry & Russell Brand and Courteney Cox & David Arquette. The former two have already had the union officially dissolved, while the latters haven't but they continue to keep it civil.
More Tom Cruise News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance