Taylor Swift Will Sing at 2012 MTV VMAs, Jokes About New Single in Promo
Taylor Swift is set to be one of the performers at the 29th annual MTV Video Music Awards. She is expected to showcase her brand new single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together". In a newly-released promo video, she responds to one question about who the mystery guy in the song is.
Sitting on a couch while strumming her guitar, Taylor is confronted by Kevin Hart who barges in the room and demands answer as to why she sings about him in her latest song. "This isn't about you at all," she replies. "I met you like one time two years ago. For like, five minutes."
"That's a lie. Would I have this if you met me one time two years ago?" the host says while showing her a digitally-altered picture of the two of them together. "That's your face Photoshopped on someone else's body," she points out. It's actually a photo of her and Jake Gyllenhaal.
MTV VMAs will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on September 6. Alicia Keys, Green Day, One Direction and Pink join the lineup. A promo featuring Niall Horan and his bandmate have been revealed, highlighting the fact that the gig will be their VMA debut.
Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller and Miley Cyrus are tapped as presenters along with the winning team of U.S. female gymnasts, Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Alexandra Raisman, Kyla Ross and Jordyn Wieber.
Taylor Swift Promo:
One Direction Promo:
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'