Taylor Swift Will Sing at 2012 MTV VMAs, Jokes About New Single in Promo
Taylor Swift is set to be one of the performers at the 29th annual MTV Video Music Awards. She is expected to showcase her brand new single "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together". In a newly-released promo video, she responds to one question about who the mystery guy in the song is.
Sitting on a couch while strumming her guitar, Taylor is confronted by Kevin Hart who barges in the room and demands answer as to why she sings about him in her latest song. "This isn't about you at all," she replies. "I met you like one time two years ago. For like, five minutes."
"That's a lie. Would I have this if you met me one time two years ago?" the host says while showing her a digitally-altered picture of the two of them together. "That's your face Photoshopped on someone else's body," she points out. It's actually a photo of her and Jake Gyllenhaal.
MTV VMAs will take place at the Staples Center in Los Angeles on September 6. Alicia Keys, Green Day, One Direction and Pink join the lineup. A promo featuring Niall Horan and his bandmate have been revealed, highlighting the fact that the gig will be their VMA debut.
Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller and Miley Cyrus are tapped as presenters along with the winning team of U.S. female gymnasts, Gabby Douglas, McKayla Maroney, Alexandra Raisman, Kyla Ross and Jordyn Wieber.
Taylor Swift Promo:
One Direction Promo:
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?