Golden Globes 2013 to Be Held Two Days Before Oscar Nominations Revealed
The date for the 2013 Golden Globe Awards has been officially set. On Tuesday, August 21, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced that the 70th edition of the prestigious prize-giving event for film and television has been scheduled to take place on Sunday, January 13.
To be held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, the show will air live on NBC at 5 P.M. PT/ 8 P.M. ET, just two days before the 2013 Academy Awards announces its nominations. As for the Golden Globe nominees, they will be revealed on Thursday, December 13 at 8 A.M. EST. The deadline for the submission is November 2, while the deadline for nominations ballots to be sent to HFPA members is November 29.
The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards will be produced by Dick Clark Production in association with the HFPA. The upcoming show is expected to be presented in a lighter tone compared to the Oscars ceremony. This year's Globes, which was hosted by Ricky Gervais, averaged 16.9 million viewers in 160 countries worldwide.
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist