Golden Globes 2013 to Be Held Two Days Before Oscar Nominations Revealed
The date for the 2013 Golden Globe Awards has been officially set. On Tuesday, August 21, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced that the 70th edition of the prestigious prize-giving event for film and television has been scheduled to take place on Sunday, January 13.
To be held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, the show will air live on NBC at 5 P.M. PT/ 8 P.M. ET, just two days before the 2013 Academy Awards announces its nominations. As for the Golden Globe nominees, they will be revealed on Thursday, December 13 at 8 A.M. EST. The deadline for the submission is November 2, while the deadline for nominations ballots to be sent to HFPA members is November 29.
The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards will be produced by Dick Clark Production in association with the HFPA. The upcoming show is expected to be presented in a lighter tone compared to the Oscars ceremony. This year's Globes, which was hosted by Ricky Gervais, averaged 16.9 million viewers in 160 countries worldwide.
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl
- Bella Hadid's 'Hurt and Pissed' The Weeknd Moves On So Fast With Selena Gomez
- Jessica Biel's Thriller 'The Sinner' Gets Series Order at USA Network
- Chelsea Handler Blames the Kardashians for Donald Trump's Election Win. Here's Why
- Lamar Odom Apologizes to Ex Khloe for Her 'Wasted Time and Energy' in Emotional Interview
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character