Golden Globes 2013 to Be Held Two Days Before Oscar Nominations Revealed
The date for the 2013 Golden Globe Awards has been officially set. On Tuesday, August 21, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced that the 70th edition of the prestigious prize-giving event for film and television has been scheduled to take place on Sunday, January 13.
To be held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, the show will air live on NBC at 5 P.M. PT/ 8 P.M. ET, just two days before the 2013 Academy Awards announces its nominations. As for the Golden Globe nominees, they will be revealed on Thursday, December 13 at 8 A.M. EST. The deadline for the submission is November 2, while the deadline for nominations ballots to be sent to HFPA members is November 29.
The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards will be produced by Dick Clark Production in association with the HFPA. The upcoming show is expected to be presented in a lighter tone compared to the Oscars ceremony. This year's Globes, which was hosted by Ricky Gervais, averaged 16.9 million viewers in 160 countries worldwide.
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video