Golden Globes 2013 to Be Held Two Days Before Oscar Nominations Revealed
The date for the 2013 Golden Globe Awards has been officially set. On Tuesday, August 21, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association announced that the 70th edition of the prestigious prize-giving event for film and television has been scheduled to take place on Sunday, January 13.
To be held at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, the show will air live on NBC at 5 P.M. PT/ 8 P.M. ET, just two days before the 2013 Academy Awards announces its nominations. As for the Golden Globe nominees, they will be revealed on Thursday, December 13 at 8 A.M. EST. The deadline for the submission is November 2, while the deadline for nominations ballots to be sent to HFPA members is November 29.
The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards will be produced by Dick Clark Production in association with the HFPA. The upcoming show is expected to be presented in a lighter tone compared to the Oscars ceremony. This year's Globes, which was hosted by Ricky Gervais, averaged 16.9 million viewers in 160 countries worldwide.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show