'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs' Sequel Announces Voice Cast
Sony Pictures Animation's "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" sequel is on track for the February 7, 2014 release. The voice talents of "Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers" have been announced to include as well Terry Crews in addition of the first movie's voice cast.
Crews, star of "The Expendables 2", is to play a cop in the town of Swallow Falls, THR reported. That said, Mr. T will not be featured as the tough cop, Earl Deveraux, in the new movie. Also new to the list is Kristen Schaal who plays "highly evolved orangutan with a human brain, who is also devious, manipulative and likes to wear lipstick".
Meanwhile, Will Forte who used to voice Joe Towne in the first movie, will now slip in the new role as Chester V, an inventor and idol of main character Flint Lockwood's who invites him to join others bright minds Live Corp Company. The tech co is described as "Apple meets Google, meets every sort of advanced company".
Bill Hader will return to the role of Lockwood, so will Anna Farris (Sam Sparks), James Caan (Flint's dad), Andy Samberg (local celebrity 'Baby' Brent), Neil Patrick Harris (gummy-loving monkey Steve) and Benjamin Bratt (Sparks' cameraman Manny).
Due to be released in 3D, "Cloudy 2" picks up where the first movie left off. In the wake of the disastrous food storm at the end of the first movie, Flint Lockwood and friends are forced to leave their town of Swallow Falls. But when it is discovered that sentient food beasts have overrun the island, they are asked to return to save the world...again.
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account
- Madonna, Usher and More Stars Pay Tribute to Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: More Fights and Departures
- Britney and Beyonce Under Fire for Their VMAs Performances. Plus Get Details on Their Backstage Feud
- Taylor Swift Dismissed From Jury Duty due to Her Ongoing Sexual Abuse Case
- Production on 'The Maze Runner: The Death Cure' to Resume in February 2017
- Blake Lively Hosts Private Baby Shower With Taylor Swift