Green Day Promote New Song Through 'Angry Birds Friends'
Green Day fans who also spend hours playing Angry Birds may take the band's latest news gleefully. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are featured in the game's new edition, "Angry Birds Friends", to promote the first of their upcoming trilogy album.
The band members are transformed into the evil pigs who resemble their image in new 10 levels that have "rock" touches. Through the game, fans will be able to unlock the band's new song "Troublemaker" which is lifted from their September 25 release, "Uno!".
"We're all fans of 'Angry Birds', " Armstrong said in a statement. "It's such an addictive game that when we first started playing it we couldn't stop." On why they choose to team up with the popular mobile game, Armstrong explained to MTV News, "Everything's going to be coming from different directions. We really want to go viral with a lot of this stuff. Just whatever it takes to get the music out there."
"Oh Love", the band's other song from "Uno!", will also be featured on their Angry Birds edition.
More Green Day News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture