Green Day Promote New Song Through 'Angry Birds Friends'
Green Day fans who also spend hours playing Angry Birds may take the band's latest news gleefully. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are featured in the game's new edition, "Angry Birds Friends", to promote the first of their upcoming trilogy album.
The band members are transformed into the evil pigs who resemble their image in new 10 levels that have "rock" touches. Through the game, fans will be able to unlock the band's new song "Troublemaker" which is lifted from their September 25 release, "Uno!".
"We're all fans of 'Angry Birds', " Armstrong said in a statement. "It's such an addictive game that when we first started playing it we couldn't stop." On why they choose to team up with the popular mobile game, Armstrong explained to MTV News, "Everything's going to be coming from different directions. We really want to go viral with a lot of this stuff. Just whatever it takes to get the music out there."
"Oh Love", the band's other song from "Uno!", will also be featured on their Angry Birds edition.
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie