Green Day Promote New Song Through 'Angry Birds Friends'
Green Day fans who also spend hours playing Angry Birds may take the band's latest news gleefully. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are featured in the game's new edition, "Angry Birds Friends", to promote the first of their upcoming trilogy album.
The band members are transformed into the evil pigs who resemble their image in new 10 levels that have "rock" touches. Through the game, fans will be able to unlock the band's new song "Troublemaker" which is lifted from their September 25 release, "Uno!".
"We're all fans of 'Angry Birds', " Armstrong said in a statement. "It's such an addictive game that when we first started playing it we couldn't stop." On why they choose to team up with the popular mobile game, Armstrong explained to MTV News, "Everything's going to be coming from different directions. We really want to go viral with a lot of this stuff. Just whatever it takes to get the music out there."
"Oh Love", the band's other song from "Uno!", will also be featured on their Angry Birds edition.
More Green Day News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'