Green Day Promote New Song Through 'Angry Birds Friends'
Green Day fans who also spend hours playing Angry Birds may take the band's latest news gleefully. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are featured in the game's new edition, "Angry Birds Friends", to promote the first of their upcoming trilogy album.
The band members are transformed into the evil pigs who resemble their image in new 10 levels that have "rock" touches. Through the game, fans will be able to unlock the band's new song "Troublemaker" which is lifted from their September 25 release, "Uno!".
"We're all fans of 'Angry Birds', " Armstrong said in a statement. "It's such an addictive game that when we first started playing it we couldn't stop." On why they choose to team up with the popular mobile game, Armstrong explained to MTV News, "Everything's going to be coming from different directions. We really want to go viral with a lot of this stuff. Just whatever it takes to get the music out there."
"Oh Love", the band's other song from "Uno!", will also be featured on their Angry Birds edition.
More Green Day News
- Daniel Craig Confirmed to Return for Bond 25, Release Date Announced
- David Beckham Calls Wife Victoria a 'Knob' After She Posts an Embarrassing Video of Him
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet Auction Off a Private Dinner With Them for Charity
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Fantasy Suite Dates Cast More Doubt on Rachel's Future With a Frontrunner
- Kendall Jenner Completely Naked and Holding a Cigarette in New Instagram Pic
- Blac Chyna Spotted Holding Hands With New Man Mechie in Miami
- Drake Debuts New Song While Jogging Amid 'Take Care 2' Speculations
- Macaulay Culkin and Brenda Song Enjoy Dinner in L.A. - Are They Together?