Green Day Promote New Song Through 'Angry Birds Friends'
Green Day fans who also spend hours playing Angry Birds may take the band's latest news gleefully. Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are featured in the game's new edition, "Angry Birds Friends", to promote the first of their upcoming trilogy album.
The band members are transformed into the evil pigs who resemble their image in new 10 levels that have "rock" touches. Through the game, fans will be able to unlock the band's new song "Troublemaker" which is lifted from their September 25 release, "Uno!".
"We're all fans of 'Angry Birds', " Armstrong said in a statement. "It's such an addictive game that when we first started playing it we couldn't stop." On why they choose to team up with the popular mobile game, Armstrong explained to MTV News, "Everything's going to be coming from different directions. We really want to go viral with a lot of this stuff. Just whatever it takes to get the music out there."
"Oh Love", the band's other song from "Uno!", will also be featured on their Angry Birds edition.
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis